Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2021, 07:28 AM

11,305 posts, read 18,902,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
The first free standing CFA in MA was opened in 2012 in Chicopee. Before that, two were in malls in MA and 1 in a mall in NH. As I noted, typically CFA corporate owns the buildings and equipment. Being in a mall probably gave them the ability to be in the market with little investment.

OK that makes sense as I believe that's when the Danbury one opened too as I remember them giving us at my job vouchers to try for free. But 20 years ago was mentioned earlier and I don't think they were north of Philly metro (except for the one on the actual NYU campus) until the 2010s decade.

It's kind of like the Southern chain Checkers/Rallys which I don't think is in CT yet. The one in Mt. Vernon, NY just north of the Bronx was their northernmost one on the immediate East Coast (they have ones further north in the Buffalo/Rochester area and in Illinois and Michigan). The Mt. Vernon one actually shut down last year so now that title goes to one of several they have in the Bronx but I heard rumors of them expanding north of the City and into CT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2021, 08:41 AM

21,772 posts, read 28,115,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
He did.

Looking forward to Milford Chick- Fil-a. I like their food and fries.
Rumor is it's going into the old Hooter's location. Will see.

The best chicken sandwiches I've had almost anywhere are from Oar & Oak Birdhouse in Stratford. They're opening a Milford location soon too. Don't know what they do, but the tenderness and flavor on the chicken is so good.

Haven Hot Chicken is also very good. Very similar to Hattie B's in Nashville. They're in New Haven and opening an Orange location.

Chicken sandwiches are hot now!

Old 06-18-2021, 10:35 AM

6,923 posts, read 3,760,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Rumor is it's going into the old Hooter's location. Will see.

The best chicken sandwiches I've had almost anywhere are from Oar & Oak Birdhouse in Stratford. They're opening a Milford location soon too. Don't know what they do, but the tenderness and flavor on the chicken is so good.

Haven Hot Chicken is also very good. Very similar to Hattie B's in Nashville. They're in New Haven and opening an Orange location.

Chicken sandwiches are hot now!
Nothing beats a basic. A soft bun, a filet, and two pickle slices. That's it.

Old 06-18-2021, 10:44 AM

34,948 posts, read 56,989,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepfordct View Post
It's actually approved for a 4th building to the side of the back one.
Not sure if it will happen though.
That’s true, there is a fourth building proposed for this site. The owner, Carpinato Group, is still marketing the space so I can’t see why it won’t get built eventually. It’s not like Glastonbury has a lot of vacant retail space. There are currently two vacant storefronts there. The former 1000 Degree Pizza spot in the Chick-fil-A building and a space next to the Banfield Pet Hospital. Those aren’t that large so I would think if a larger retailer came along wanting space they’d build the fourth building. It’s just a matter of time and market. Jay

http://files.carpionatogroup.com/fil...nbury-6EB1.pdf

Old 06-18-2021, 11:22 AM

9,889 posts, read 7,226,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
OK that makes sense as I believe that's when the Danbury one opened too as I remember them giving us at my job vouchers to try for free. But 20 years ago was mentioned earlier and I don't think they were north of Philly metro (except for the one on the actual NYU campus) until the 2010s decade.

It's kind of like the Southern chain Checkers/Rallys which I don't think is in CT yet. The one in Mt. Vernon, NY just north of the Bronx was their northernmost one on the immediate East Coast (they have ones further north in the Buffalo/Rochester area and in Illinois and Michigan). The Mt. Vernon one actually shut down last year so now that title goes to one of several they have in the Bronx but I heard rumors of them expanding north of the City and into CT.
I've lived in this town for almost 30 years and CFA has been there for as long as I can remember. Per state corporation records, CFA registered as a business in MA in 1998 so 20 years sounds about right.

Old 06-18-2021, 07:45 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,187,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
That’s true, there is a fourth building proposed for this site. The owner, Carpinato Group, is still marketing the space so I can’t see why it won’t get built eventually. It’s not like Glastonbury has a lot of vacant retail space. There are currently two vacant storefronts there. The former 1000 Degree Pizza spot in the Chick-fil-A building and a space next to the Banfield Pet Hospital. Those aren’t that large so I would think if a larger retailer came along wanting space they’d build the fourth building. It’s just a matter of time and market. Jay

http://files.carpionatogroup.com/fil...nbury-6EB1.pdf
1000° is leased to another pizza restaurant. Think that makes 27 for Gbury!
Most every space for rent is under commitment except the least attractive...

Old 06-19-2021, 07:40 AM

34,948 posts, read 56,989,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepfordct View Post
1000° is leased to another pizza restaurant. Think that makes 27 for Gbury!
Most every space for rent is under commitment except the least attractive...
It is? That’s good, I think. I have to say we were not impressed at all with 1000 Degrees. It wasn’t that good. To me it tasted like glorified bowling alley pizza. Just not up to Connecticut standards.

I hope that a good thin crust pizza place would come in there. Would it be too much to hope for a New Haven place like Sally’s, Frank Pepe’s or Modern to come in? I can only imagine the traffic and parking nightmare that would create. Jay

Old 06-19-2021, 09:29 AM

21,772 posts, read 28,115,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Nothing beats a basic. A soft bun, a filet, and two pickle slices. That's it.
Any way you like it, Birdhouse excels because of the chicken and the bun

Old 06-19-2021, 10:14 AM

11,305 posts, read 18,902,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
I've lived in this town for almost 30 years and CFA has been there for as long as I can remember. Per state corporation records, CFA registered as a business in MA in 1998 so 20 years sounds about right.

Interesting.....well obviously I'm not doubting it, but my basis was when I looked at a national list at the time on their website the only one north of the Philly area in the Northeast they showed was the one on the NYU campus. I guess they just avoided the NY area for awhile....

Old 06-19-2021, 11:45 AM

6,923 posts, read 3,760,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Any way you like it, Birdhouse excels because of the chicken and the bun
Twist my arm. I'm in. I'm there.
Looks like they open at 4 and the pic looks scrumptious. Might have to stop in on the way up to New Haven for a wedding tonite. Anything is better than wedding food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut