Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2021, 12:03 PM

34,014 posts, read 17,045,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
That lot is for sale. The developer died during the beginning stages of construction.
I knew he was ill, but the Ho Jo's situation started over 5 years ago, when their manager went to town officials with a plan to flip it. It was years before the development deal happened. Milford should be fining Ho Jo's property owner until they fully demolish their buildings. They are not responsible for the new hotel's elevator shaft.

I have little doubt Ho Jo's land will be for sale for many, many years. It's not a great lot by any means.

We also have M & M Farms, decade after decade, no change. I assume K Mart Devon will be vacant decades.

The only property flipped quickly was jai alai, and that was due to the Mega Church fear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2021, 12:58 PM

34,918 posts, read 56,910,251 times
Let’s return to the topic of the OP. JayCT, Moderator

Old 06-27-2021, 08:51 PM

980 posts, read 598,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I know a lot of people in Fairfield are excited by Chick-fil-A coming to town but my family is more excited by this chicken place coming to Black Rock Turnpike. Can’t say I blame them. It looks delicious and better quality. Jay

https://patch.com/connecticut/fairfi...eld-restaurant
I'll have to try it, never heard of them before. Thanks for sharing!

Old 06-28-2021, 05:58 PM

6,881 posts, read 3,732,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I agree with you. CFA chicken seems to be a little to processed to me and I can’t say I’m a fan of their waffle fries. They are kind of bland and tasteless. Again processed. I also like Five Guys fries better. They are real fries from real potatoes. Much better IMHO. I’m not a fan of chicken sandwiches either and much prefer dark meat fried chicken so it’s not at the top of my list. Jay
McNuggets are processed. CFA filets are the real deal.
I also prefer dark meat (for chicken, that is)

Old 06-28-2021, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

For example the CFA chicken sandwich is no longer the best imo. Popeye, Shake Shack, and even Wendy's now have an upgraded sandwich that is better.
Disagree. Wholeheartedly. That's ok though, YMMV. I've sampled all except Wendy's. Popeyes is slathered with stuff and greasier. Someone dumped and entire shaker of pepper on Shake Shack's chicken and thought that was a good idea. Give me a plain CFA filet, a soft bun and two pickles, all day.

Old 06-28-2021, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I knew he was ill, but the Ho Jo's situation started over 5 years ago, when their manager went to town officials with a plan to flip it. It was years before the development deal happened. Milford should be fining Ho Jo's property owner until they fully demolish their buildings. They are not responsible for the new hotel's elevator shaft.

I have little doubt Ho Jo's land will be for sale for many, many years. It's not a great lot by any means.
Who was on deck when Mookie hit that grounder to first Bob?

Old 06-28-2021, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Who was on deck when Mookie hit that grounder to first Bob?
Ho Jo, I think.

Old 07-05-2021, 07:10 PM

50 posts, read 87,178 times
It is a shame, that another restaurant could not take over the existing space, instead of a fast food restaurant.

Old 07-05-2021, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by titorivera View Post
It is a shame, that another restaurant could not take over the existing space, instead of a fast food restaurant.
Won't happen. The large standalone structures are geared for chains and fast food only. Sitdown chains don't fit in town or lower county. PF Changs and Chucky Cheese will be out of place. Multiples have failed in Stamford, so fast food it is.
The high end scratch cooking independents prefer smaller spaces on street front facing buildings. These are preferred by FFC southern diners.
I heard the place before was popular for a number of years but wore out it's welcome over time, fell out of favor, wasn't very good.

Old 07-10-2021, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by titorivera View Post
another implies that Hooters was a restaurant. That's not their product.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut