Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2023, 09:07 PM

34,075 posts, read 17,112,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Well, Fairfield is getting a Chick-fil-A after all. Instead of building a whole new building with drive thru like proposed a couple years ago, the company is going to just rehab the old Joe’s American Bar & Grill building. They won’t have a drive thru which was the major issue when proposed a couple years ago. Because they are remodeling the existing building no further town approvals are required, just permits to do the work. Jay

https://patch.com/connecticut/fairfi...st-selectwoman
I wish Milford had one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2023, 08:31 AM

34,958 posts, read 57,016,055 times
So the saga of the Fairfield Chick-fil-A appears to be over. The controversial project on the Post Road has opened without the standard drive through window. Hopefully this won’t impact business.

https://www.ctinsider.com/fairfield/...d-18539406.php

Old 12-08-2023, 09:04 AM

1,368 posts, read 998,207 times
Local businesses and town officials feared a backlog of drive-thru customers would spill off the property and congest already busy lanes of traffic on Post Road, prompting the Town Plan and Zoning Commission to deny the company's application to move into its current location at 750 Post Road,

Good move. I used to live in FF, and Post Rd was always busy; I have been there a few times in the past few months, and it seems to have gotten busier.

It appears as tho CFA didn't put up a stink about the no drive-through sit.; good on them.

In other news - I ate at Joe's a number of times, tho not in a while. It was a cool place, with good food, and a really good looking bartender. Anyone know what happened?

Old 12-08-2023, 02:31 PM

9,889 posts, read 7,230,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffwraith View Post
Local businesses and town officials feared a backlog of drive-thru customers would spill off the property and congest already busy lanes of traffic on Post Road, prompting the Town Plan and Zoning Commission to deny the company's application to move into its current location at 750 Post Road,

Good move. I used to live in FF, and Post Rd was always busy; I have been there a few times in the past few months, and it seems to have gotten busier.

It appears as tho CFA didn't put up a stink about the no drive-through sit.; good on them.

In other news - I ate at Joe's a number of times, tho not in a while. It was a cool place, with good food, and a really good looking bartender. Anyone know what happened?
They weren't profitable as a chain and their owner closed up shop. There are 2 Joe's left - Joe's Waterfront and Joe's on Newbury in Boston. tavistockrestaurantgroup.com

Old 12-09-2023, 09:37 AM

10,124 posts, read 14,998,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
So the saga of the Fairfield Chick-fil-A appears to be over. The controversial project on the Post Road has opened without the standard drive through window. Hopefully this won’t impact business.

https://www.ctinsider.com/fairfield/...d-18539406.php
Is this the first Chick-fil-A without a drive-thru?

If Chick-fil-A decides to open one in Greenwich, I bet the no drive-thru option is the only option for them too. lol

Old 12-09-2023, 10:05 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,191,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffwraith View Post

CFA, from me loosely following the filings, did try a couple of proposals to add in a drive through but I'm glad Fairfield stuck to it's guns. Drive throughs, like parking, are property tax black holes and are among the most dangerous interaction points not just for pedestrians but for other motorists as well.

I put the study in a different thread but there's a lot of momentum to redesign Post Road going east from the Brickwalk through the Circle and continuing to Ash Creek and Grasmere to bring frontages towards Post Road/Circle, phasing out drive-throughs, and making the area more pedestrian friendly with the Town's "commercial corridors" vision. A new drive through would basically reset the clock and basically throw the town's plans to increase the value on that portion of Post Road back a number of years.

On another note, never much cared for Joe's (it was middling in town, but it used to be the only place where you could split bills) but I for the life of me I cannot fathom the appeal of CFA... the salt level is palpable to me and that's without the sauces. Just ew haha

Old 12-09-2023, 11:23 AM

6,931 posts, read 3,766,904 times
I like the Haven Hot Chicken place better.

The Chick Fil A in Norwalk closed a couple of months ago for renos. I'm not sure why as it was practically brand new. The drive thru system was an ideal setup at that location but with a much larger footprint than the Fairfield location. If Greenwich adds one and they have the space for an off street drive thru lane they will absolutely one hundred percent add it in the plans.

Old 12-09-2023, 03:48 PM

21,782 posts, read 28,124,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I wish Milford had one.
It’s only a matter of time. I do agree with Steve, Haven Hot Chicken is more expensive but is better.

Old 12-09-2023, 03:53 PM

9,889 posts, read 7,230,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Is this the first Chick-fil-A without a drive-thru?

If Chick-fil-A decides to open one in Greenwich, I bet the no drive-thru option is the only option for them too. lol
There are many others without a drive-thru - one is in the mall in my town and new one in Boston - but per this article, they generate a much lower sales volume:

with drive-thru - $8.5 million
without drive-thru - $2.7 million.

Considering that Chick-Fil-A takes 50% of revenue, the operator has to realize that it's going to be tougher to eek out a living.

C-F-A is building drive-thru only stores to reduce wait times as they have the longest drive-thru wait times in the industry.

Old 12-09-2023, 03:58 PM

21,782 posts, read 28,124,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
There are many others without a drive-thru - one is in the mall in my town and new one in Boston - but per this article, they generate a much lower sales volume:

with drive-thru - $8.5 million
without drive-thru - $2.7 million.

Considering that Chick-Fil-A takes 50% of revenue, the operator has to realize that it's going to be tougher to eek out a living.

C-F-A is building drive-thru only stores to reduce wait times as they have the longest drive-thru wait times in the industry.
I know it’s regional to the west, but In N Out drive thru lines are wild.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut