Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2021, 05:56 PM

14,056 posts, read 13,950,334 times

Advertisements

Do lower Fairfield County need second Chick fil A location ?

The eatery is proposed for 750 Post Road, which was home to Joe's American Bar & Grill until it closed about two years ago, according to Community and Economic Development Director Mark Barnhart.

"There's a lot going for it," Barnhart said, noting Chick-fil-A's enthusiastic and loyal customer base.

https://patch.com/connecticut/fairfi...nned-post-road
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2021, 07:52 PM

6,921 posts, read 3,757,734 times
The only decent fast food out there. Great addition to the city if they can handle the drive-thru traffic. The store over in Norwalk was able to take advantage of an oversized lot to develop a drive thru lane process that brings cars off Rt 1. It's a smooth operation. Not sure if the Fairfield location has the space to get the inevitable tie ups off Rt 1. I'm sure the powers that be are looking at that very carefully. Stamford wasn't able to figure it out.

Old 06-15-2021, 08:09 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,186,951 times
Agree with Steve. Chic Fil A is an animal. If they did normal biz sure. But it's a busy intersection already.

Old 06-16-2021, 05:44 AM

34,065 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Glad to see this chain in CT. I understand they will open in Milford at the old Hooters location, too. (eventually)

Old 06-16-2021, 05:46 AM

9,885 posts, read 7,223,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Do lower Fairfield County need second Chick fil A location ?

The eatery is proposed for 750 Post Road, which was home to Joe's American Bar & Grill until it closed about two years ago, according to Community and Economic Development Director Mark Barnhart.

"There's a lot going for it," Barnhart said, noting Chick-fil-A's enthusiastic and loyal customer base.

https://patch.com/connecticut/fairfi...nned-post-road
I'm guessing they will tear down the existing building and replace it with one properly placed and sized.

As for lower FFC needing another, CFA is a very smart company. A franchisee can own only one location and be a working "operator" - the CFA term for the owner. CFA owns the building and everything inside and takes 50% of the gross revenue. They do research to ensure they don't cannibalize existing stores as they want their operators to be successful.

Here in my NW of Boston town, there has been a CFA inside the mall for over 20 years. It's a pain to go to if that's all you want and they won't open a second location anywhere in town to protect that operator.

Old 06-16-2021, 03:34 PM

34,948 posts, read 56,980,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
The only decent fast food out there. Great addition to the city if they can handle the drive-thru traffic. The store over in Norwalk was able to take advantage of an oversized lot to develop a drive thru lane process that brings cars off Rt 1. It's a smooth operation. Not sure if the Fairfield location has the space to get the inevitable tie ups off Rt 1. I'm sure the powers that be are looking at that very carefully. Stamford wasn't able to figure it out.
I had CFL today for lunch. To be honest, their chicken is good but a bit salty and I can’t say I like their waffle fries. I prefer French Fries at other chains.

That site has frontage on two local commercial/industrial streets, Eliot Street and Eliot Place. I would hope they lay the site out so the drive thru queues out into those streets. I find it a shame that a nice sit down restaurant is giving way to a fast food joint. Jay

Old 06-16-2021, 04:54 PM

6,921 posts, read 3,757,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I had CFL today for lunch. To be honest, their chicken is good but a bit salty and I can’t say I like their waffle fries. I prefer French Fries at other chains.

That site has frontage on two local commercial/industrial streets, Eliot Street and Eliot Place. I would hope they lay the site out so the drive thru queues out into those streets. I find it a shame that a nice sit down restaurant is giving way to a fast food joint. Jay
On today's morning commute, WEBE 108's news update mentioned this and how the plans do call for a drive thru system to prevent backflow, similar to the other store. So it's on the books.

Old 06-16-2021, 09:36 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,186,951 times
The Chik Fil A in Glastonbury is an example of how not to do it!
Total disaster.

Old 06-17-2021, 04:05 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,805,852 times
Hopefully they will finally get with the times and open their indoor dining. Their nationwide drive-thru only policy has run its course and has created traffic hazards with cars backing up onto the road. In some locations the line takes up the entire right lane of a busy two-lane road. In a vaccinated state like CT, there is no reason to continue this practice which inconveniences both customers and drivers.

Old 06-17-2021, 05:41 AM

9,885 posts, read 7,223,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnian View Post
Hopefully they will finally get with the times and open their indoor dining. Their nationwide drive-thru only policy has run its course and has created traffic hazards with cars backing up onto the road. In some locations the line takes up the entire right lane of a busy two-lane road. In a vaccinated state like CT, there is no reason to continue this practice which inconveniences both customers and drivers.
The ones I have visited here in MA have the doors open for takeout for weeks. I find it quicker to park, go in and order, and leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut