Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2008, 05:16 PM

37 posts, read 172,910 times

Advertisements

Hello all, I had a quick question. I don't know much about Sandy Hook and my wife and I are looking at several houses around that area and I was wondering if there were any bad areas around there? Going up Alpine Drive seems to be quite an 'older' area, although I would think houses close to a river would be higher priced. There are some nice cul de sacs there, but not sure if the area is nice at all.

There are a TON of open fields around there to, are they developing areas around there?

Any thoughts would be GREAT! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 06:27 PM

575 posts, read 3,132,519 times
Newtown for the most part is a nice town. I don't think there is anything wrong with Sandy Hook. As for the fields - they are probably open to development, unless they are "open space". You can ask the town hall what the zoning of that land is to find out what could possibly be there in the future if someone decides to develop the land.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:04 PM

21,620 posts, read 31,202,923 times
Sandy Hook is a nice area of town - it's closer to New Haven and Route 34 as well as exit 11 on 84. I feel it's more centrally located than the rest of Newtown. Home prices in Sandy Hook are also less expensive than other parts of town primarily because the homes are a bit older. Nothing wrong with it though. You can't go wrong with Newtown.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:38 AM

3 posts, read 9,809 times
Many of the less expensive homes on or near the river are old converted summer cottages usually on very tiny lots and many are less than level... if you know what I mean

Check the lot sizes on the listings and you will see.
Also, many the septic systems in these homes are outdated and overloaded.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:39 AM

184 posts, read 842,611 times
I've looked at homes all over Newtown, and there are parts of Sandy Hook where it seems difficult to get in and out of, from a commuting persepctive (depending on where you are going), one being the residential area between 34 and 25 (Great Ring area). If you are looking over there, look overhead for high voltage power lines. Also, up by the river...there's lots of cottages/river shacks and some new construction that seems totally incongruous with the surrounding area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut