Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 03:42 PM

752 posts, read 560,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
This doesn't have anything to do with the quote, just wanted to use it to mention something about John Mayer. His father was once prinicpal of Central High School in Bridgeport (I want to say in the early 2000s, when I worked there from 2009-2011 I was told he was the principal right before the current one when I worked there).
That's interesting. Had no idea about that. I know he was childhood friends with James Blake, who was also from Fairfield.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2021, 03:59 PM

332 posts, read 219,952 times
Paul Giamatti - (New Haven)
Nolan North - (New Haven)
Candace Owens - (Stamford)

Old 09-01-2021, 04:33 PM

752 posts, read 560,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObedientSir View Post
Paul Giamatti - (New Haven)
Nolan North - (New Haven)
Candace Owens - (Stamford)
Lots more Connecticut stuff here...

Paul Giamatti's dad was Bart Giamatti MLB commissioner and President of Yale University. Paul's brother Marcus Giamatti starred in Judging Amy, a show set in Connecticut and starring Glastonbury High School Grad and NYPD cast member Amy Brenneman. The show was based on Brenneman's mother's experience as a Superior Court Judge in.... Connecticut.

Old 09-01-2021, 05:14 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,865,257 times
Everyone's favorite alien ALF was hatched in New Haven.

Old 09-01-2021, 07:55 PM

570 posts, read 481,812 times
I think actress, Chloe Sevigny drew up in Darien though she hated it apparently.

Old 09-01-2021, 08:25 PM

1,853 posts, read 1,969,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 75 View Post
I know John Mayer is quite the ladies man, but a misogynist? Do tell.
I am not looking to dox myself or end up with a lawsuit, however this is only the tip of the iceberg:

https://www.insider.com/john-mayer-p...-racism-sexism

Like Harvey Weinstein, where many in Hollywood knew and didn't say anything, I would not be surprised when Mayer gets his comeuppance.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:28 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,985,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I am not looking to dox myself or end up with a lawsuit, however this is only the tip of the iceberg:

https://www.insider.com/john-mayer-p...-racism-sexism

Like Harvey Weinstein, where many in Hollywood knew and didn't say anything, I would not be surprised when Mayer gets his comeuppance.
That was a bit much. I didn't see anything there that comes close to Harvey Weinstein. And not wanting to call himself a feminist - so what? There are plenty of good reason for a man or woman to eschew that label. He sounds like a jerk but a lot of that stuff is pretty old.

Old 09-01-2021, 10:13 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,198,187 times
David Letterman used to be in FFC, know he moved elsewhere.
Ivan Lendl in Greenwich....now a great golfer...
Tom Tom club....some members live in Fairfield.
Met Michael Bolton, few times always super nice to me. Though caught him checking out my wife back in the day!
He used to hang out with Tommy Febraio restaurantuar and now RE broker back in the day.
Paul Simon think he sold his property in New Canaan recently...
Meg Ryan from Fairfield?
Linda Kozliwski (Crocodile Dundee) from Fairfield too.
Met Mike Wallace, 60 minutes in Fairfield as a kid. From New Canaan
So many more too

Old 09-02-2021, 07:19 AM

7,144 posts, read 3,880,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Yank View Post
I think actress, Chloe Sevigny drew up in Darien though she hated it apparently.
Good one, who knew

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I would not be surprised when Mayer gets his comeuppance.
Nah, rock stars in the 70's did much worse

Old 09-02-2021, 08:24 AM

547 posts, read 337,523 times
James Van Der Beek grew up in Cheshire. He went to Cheshire Academy (I believe he got the town scholarship) while his siblings went to Cheshire High School. His mother just passed away last year and was very well known in the community from her gymnastics school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut