Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2022, 10:02 AM

6,876 posts, read 3,726,277 times

Advertisements

Fairfield covers the entire spectrum of income disparity that permeates throughout CT. It's a CT microcosm. Only one of three in the entire State that have this dynamic within in it's own borders. From extreme South Florida cheetah money wealth down to the working class Help and everything in between. It's all there, you just need to find your own space and make your mark. Invest the time.

Best
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2022, 10:10 AM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Fairfield covers the entire spectrum of income disparity that permeates throughout CT. It's a CT microcosm. Only one of three in the entire State that have this dynamic within in it's own borders. From extreme South Florida cheetah money wealth down to the working class Help and everything in between. It's all there, you just need to find your own space and make your mark. Invest the time.

Best
I think more than 3 on the coast have that range! I always lol at cheetah money.

Old 06-23-2022, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
I think more than 3 on the coast have that range! I always lol at cheetah money.
Most don't have the extreme wealth, the 24-32 spark plugs on boat outboard motors type wealth. (Do you have any idea the labor charge to change those? with coil packs)
Not the BMW and Range Rover in a garage wealth, who cares, everyone has those.
And many don't have the lower income working class, not in any substantial numbers atleast.

Old 06-23-2022, 02:50 PM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Most don't have the extreme wealth, the 24-32 spark plugs on boat outboard motors type wealth. (Do you have any idea the labor charge to change those? with coil packs)
Not the BMW and Range Rover in a garage wealth, who cares, everyone has those.
And many don't have the lower income working class, not in any substantial numbers atleast.
What are the 3 places? Greenwich, Norwalk, Fairfield?

Stamford doesn’t have the extreme wealth. Norwalk has Rowayton for that. Greenwich has a relatively tiny working class population.

Old 06-23-2022, 05:42 PM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
Quote:

Stamford doesn’t have the extreme wealth. Norwalk has Rowayton for that. Greenwich has a relatively tiny working class population.

I think Stamford might in the extreme northern portion especially north of the Merritt.

Old 06-23-2022, 06:08 PM

Quote:

Stamford to a less extent, maybe. The other 2 are clear cut microcosms, no question.
Greenwich is top heavy, I wouldn't consider it in that space.

Old 06-23-2022, 06:17 PM

6,569 posts, read 4,962,654 times
I'm pointing at Darien for one of them

Old 06-23-2022, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
I'm pointing at Darien for one of them
Not even close. Darien is not representative of the entirety of CT and all that it encompasses with regard to income disparity.

Old 06-23-2022, 08:52 PM

34,915 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Most people in Fairfield are not wealthy, nor do they live in mansions. The vast majority of residents are middle to upper middle class.
Exactly. If you can’t find someone in Fairfield to be friends with, it certainly is not because you are not wealthy.

Also remember, don’t expect people to approach you. Connecticut residents tend to respect peoples privacy so you need to extend yourself. Get out and find people that you share interests with. Get involved in the Newcomers Club or other organizations that interest you. It takes a little effort but it will be worth it. Jay

Old 06-27-2022, 11:47 AM

752 posts, read 552,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Most people in Fairfield are not wealthy, nor do they live in mansions. The vast majority of residents are middle to upper middle class.
I happened to go to two birthday parties in Fairfield last weekend-- One in a multimillion-dollar mansion off of Cross Highway, the other at a two-bedroom condo by the Bridgeport line. Fairfield is truly a town with economic diversity.

That having been said, I can understand the OP's concerns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut