Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2022, 11:19 AM

2,175 posts, read 1,639,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRiverTraveler View Post
Is that the place that shares a parking lot with The Lobster Pound? I haven't been. Good? Speaking of The Lobster Pound - definitely a top level CT-style lobster roll.
Yes, it is. Lobster Pond is alright but it is very limited menu only to Lobster Rolls. Guilford Mooring is really nice you should try it!

Old 05-17-2022, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
I'm changing my vote to New Haven. Because I know that Milford doesn't stand a chance against Guilford/Madison in the final round, but New Haven has a shot. And I love an underdog comeback story.
Just did that for you! I don't know though, Milford beat Madison last tournament.

Old 05-17-2022, 12:19 PM

34,925 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
I'm changing my vote to New Haven. Because I know that Milford doesn't stand a chance against Guilford/Madison in the final round, but New Haven has a shot. And I love an underdog comeback story.
Turning your back on your town??? Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Of course Milford could beat Guilford/Madison. It’s a much more well rounded town. Certainly having some of the best shopping in the state should be worth something, especially when shopping east of New Haven is kind of limited. Jay

Old 05-17-2022, 12:40 PM

6,892 posts, read 3,738,611 times
You can shop anywhere but you can't eat like you can in...

New Haven - sorry Milfords cruised through unscathed against easy competition

Guilford won eany meany miney mo

Old 05-17-2022, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Turning your back on your town??? Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Of course Milford could beat Guilford/Madison. It’s a much more well rounded town. Certainly having some of the best shopping in the state should be worth something, especially when shopping east of New Haven is kind of limited. Jay
I gotta say, I always love to see when people betray their hometowns and turn their backs on here! It surprises many people and makes me laugh so hard! I was one of the first people to do it as someone who grew up in Fairfield and that has felt like home for ages.

Old 05-17-2022, 03:14 PM

I know that these two towns are both out of the tournament now, but I have noticed that in this tournament and previous tournaments, I was comparing the performances of Litchfield and Glastonbury. Why is Litchfield a considerably stronger town and always do much better?

I am not super familiar with Litchfield, but I feel that Litchfield and Glastonbury have a lot of similarities. Litchfield is definitely more rural all around, but they both have nice town centers, nature, upscale, etc. Litchfield might have more green, but not my much. I always thought Glastonbury had some great nature with places like Cotton Hollow and Blackledge Falls.

Both have great restaurants and ice cream. Why does Litchfield do so much better? In fact, Glastonbury would probably win in terms of proximity. Is there something I am missing about Litchfield or might not be aware of?

I just am puzzled as to why Litchfield is very competitive and Glastonbury not so much. Anyone know?

Old 05-18-2022, 07:18 AM

6,892 posts, read 3,738,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
I know that these two towns are both out of the tournament now, but I have noticed that in this tournament and previous tournaments, I was comparing the performances of Litchfield and Glastonbury. Why is Litchfield a considerably stronger town and always do much better?

I am not super familiar with Litchfield, but I feel that Litchfield and Glastonbury have a lot of similarities. Litchfield is definitely more rural all around, but they both have nice town centers, nature, upscale, etc. Litchfield might have more green, but not my much. I always thought Glastonbury had some great nature with places like Cotton Hollow and Blackledge Falls.

Both have great restaurants and ice cream. Why does Litchfield do so much better? In fact, Glastonbury would probably win in terms of proximity. Is there something I am missing about Litchfield or might not be aware of?

I just am puzzled as to why Litchfield is very competitive and Glastonbury not so much. Anyone know?
Litchfield is tremendous. The center takes a page right out of New England central casting.

Old 05-18-2022, 09:41 AM

837 posts, read 506,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Litchfield is tremendous. The center takes a page right out of New England central casting.
This, and I suspect more people are familiar with Litchfield. Unless you have a reason to go to Glastonbury or live in an adjacent town, how would you really know? On the other hand, lots of us take trips out to Litchfield Co for leaf hiking, leaf peeping, on the way to skiing, or just checking out an iconic NE town.

Old 05-18-2022, 09:43 AM

837 posts, read 506,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Yes, it is. Lobster Pond is alright but it is very limited menu only to Lobster Rolls. Guilford Mooring is really nice you should try it!
That's my favorite place for lobster rolls. Dockside with limited menus.

If I want a fancy one, Fresh Salt in Old Saybrook has an amazing one. Loads of meat, brioche roll, great fries. It will cost you, though.

Old 05-18-2022, 10:01 AM

21,740 posts, read 28,070,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRiverTraveler View Post
That's my favorite place for lobster rolls. Dockside with limited menus.

If I want a fancy one, Fresh Salt in Old Saybrook has an amazing one. Loads of meat, brioche roll, great fries. It will cost you, though.
I’ll try Fresh Salt! I like Lobster Landing in that area. Guilford Lobster Pound I found average but great spot. I also like Lenny’s and Lobster Shack. I’d like to try Liv’s and Bill’s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut