Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2023, 05:42 PM

34,006 posts, read 17,035,093 times

Advertisements

We used to joke that Walt would say with the first 3 inch storm "Joel Barlow will now close until March".

LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2023, 05:53 PM

34,917 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Relocating and town rec threads are next to nill now. It's like everyone finished moving.

The NYC, LA and FL forums can be entertaining but The CT Forum is the best hands down led by City Data OGs JayCT and Cambium and the silent assassin Stylo. THese guys are the GOATs.
And don't even think about posting a clickbait Top 10 wealthiest suburbs list if 7 out of 10 aren't in CT, CTArtist's wrath will come down on you like a ton of bricks, you won't now what hit you or which way is up.

CT passion and loyalty is not only present here but in the outside world as well. I've mentioned it numerous times here the things you hear come out of CT resident's mouths.
I like that, “the silent assassin Stylo”. Jay

Old 05-22-2023, 06:45 PM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I like that, “the silent assassin Stylo”. Jay

Old 05-23-2023, 04:03 AM

10,744 posts, read 23,798,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
We discuss a lot of Connecticut issues here which other state forums don’t. Plus I think we have the best group of regular posters on the entire website. They’re informed, intelligent and passionate. That’s why I keep coming back. Jay
I like the dialogue in this forum. The Rhode Island forum is fairly busy as well, but the dialogue there is a night and day difference from this one. I'll just leave it there (the RI forum has issues).

The Vermont forum is very slow and being a small state in population is obviously one factor, but the dialogue is generally filled with posters complaining about high taxes and how they don't like change even though the state already changed a lot decades ago. The Maryland forum is pretty slow as well, but I think that's due to the DC suburbs subforum getting most of the traffic.

But I agree with Jay, there's usually interesting topics floating around the CT forum and it's informative with trolling kept to a minimum. I can honestly say that it's helped change my perception of the state. That paired with getting off the highway and actually seeing the state for myself. I always enjoy visiting and uncovering hidden gems.

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 05-23-2023 at 04:26 AM..

Old 05-23-2023, 06:43 AM

836 posts, read 505,530 times
Let's not forget about Danny K dropping in and running the town tourney every two years. That brings some traffic and engagement. IDK if that exists anywhere else.

Old 05-23-2023, 07:31 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,151,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanthegoldengod View Post
When I browse, it seems many other cities/states here get very little traffic.

Is it all of our magnetic personalities which keep people coming back for more?

Are we just so bored silly living here that we will do literally ANYTHING to pass the time?

Too lazy to create a Reddit account?

Let other places have an NHL team, or a robust rail system, or mild winters, or be selected as a stop on Taylor Swift's tour for world domination, we've got a lively City Data forum!
Well.. I guess if you are newer to this forum you might think that. Reality is that it has declined markedly over the last decade. Used to be so many more posters and so many more threads.

Old 05-23-2023, 07:41 AM

6,876 posts, read 3,726,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRiverTraveler View Post
Let's not forget about Danny K dropping in and running the town tourney every two years. That brings some traffic and engagement. IDK if that exists anywhere else.
Dan hosts other tournaments as well. He'll be back.
Sadly we've lost some greats along the way. It's been a while since we heard from the likes of ProudFairfielder, Mr Gompers, Stephy16, the engaging and respected Dazzleman, Hpexpat, StepfordCT, and of course the controversial Kidyankee. Hopefully they're all doing ok

Old 05-24-2023, 11:43 AM

752 posts, read 552,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Cambium is the Walt DeVanis of 2023.
50 points for the Walt DeVanis reference.

Old 05-24-2023, 03:46 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,143,716 times
Quote:
Dan hosts other tournaments as well. He'll be back.
Sadly we've lost some greats along the way. It's been a while since we heard from the likes of ProudFairfielder, Mr Gompers, Stephy16, the engaging and respected Dazzleman, Hpexpat, StepfordCT, and of course the controversial Kidyankee. Hopefully they're all doing ok
Mr. Gompers has a post at the top of the page. All it took was thugs destroying a woman's car in Tolland!

Old 05-24-2023, 04:21 PM

422 posts, read 159,431 times
Quote:
Relocating and town rec threads are next to nill now. It's like everyone finished moving.
Not me!

I just haven't bothered making a CT moving topic after I did in the MA and NY forums (and have most likely decided on neither of those). Ultimately, I'm almost certainly decided on Connecticut, but would feel guilty making yet another topic after so many people helped me out in the latter two topics. (some of which put CT on the table) But it's probably more important for me to have my questions answered with CT than ever. Hm...

I lurk here a lot, but don't post often at all. Perhaps that's helping drive up some views? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut