Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2024, 12:38 PM

35,017 posts, read 57,105,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Standing there for 8, 10, 12 hours in the elements directing traffic? And doing it for 20 hours a week? Yeah, I’d call that busting their asses.

Anyway, point being, taxpayers don’t pay that. Private companies do.
I agree. It’s not nearly as easy as it looks. No one should belittle what people do to make a living.

You are correct that Eversource, a private company pays for traffic control for its utility work. It’s the same for any utility work but roadway construction is normally funded by taxpayers and traffic control is part of the project cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2024, 05:00 AM

407 posts, read 172,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notghinsaw View Post
So you call standing by eversource pole working their asses out? I understand they get that with overtime but that's not exactly working their asses out.
I don’t know, I make really good money based on the responsibility and credentials I have and don’t work my butt off. I see people doing real work and often feel guilty that what I do is getting paid many times over what someone else is doing when what they are doing is real work, real labor. Respect to anyone working and earning a living versus my cushy desk job and getting 25 vacation days and being able to WFH, etc

Old 05-04-2024, 07:08 AM

6,983 posts, read 3,802,228 times
Quote:
So you call standing by eversource pole working their asses out? I understand they get that with overtime but that's not exactly working their asses out.
And what are you doing? Moving pianos?
You’re sitting in a cube farm refreshing pivot tables all day and taking zoom calls.
Don’t fill shoes until you’re in them.

Old 05-04-2024, 02:36 PM

368 posts, read 169,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
And what are you doing? Moving pianos?
You’re sitting in a cube farm refreshing pivot tables all day and taking zoom calls.
Don’t fill shoes until you’re in them.
I have two higher educations exactly for that reason: not to stand by Eversource pole. Police work is not always easy but please don't tell me that standing by Eversource pole is your definition of working your ass out. If anything, Mexican guy on top of that pole works his ass out much more.

Old 05-04-2024, 02:38 PM

21,658 posts, read 31,293,084 times
Quote:
I have two higher educations exactly for that reason: not to stand by Eversource pole. Police work is not always easy but please don't tell me that standing by Eversource pole is your definition of working your ass out. If anything, Mexican guy on top of that pole works his ass out much more.
This response tells me everything I need to know.

Old 05-04-2024, 03:00 PM

6,983 posts, read 3,802,228 times
Quote:
It’s true a degree is needed to get in Corp America which then gets you in a position for better CT real estate I get that, but make no mistake, that cop and Mexican could do your job no problem with just a few hours of training. Some more technical savvy ones could just back engineer your files and figure it out on their own.

Old 05-04-2024, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
make no mistake, that cop and Mexican could do your job no problem with just a few hours of training.
If they could do my job they wouldn't be standing by Eversource pole, they'd be sitting in Aeron chair.

Old 05-04-2024, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
This response tells me everything I need to know.
I'm glad I managed to satisfy your interest.

Old 05-04-2024, 09:02 PM

Please stop the off topic bickering and return to topic which is Connecticut’s real estate market. JayCT, Moderator

Old 05-05-2024, 12:35 PM

I just deleted a number of posts that were continuing the off topic bickering that I warmed to stop. If this continues I will issue a significant infraction that will limit your ability to post for several days. I shouldn’t have to say this but when a Moderator posts to stop something, stop it. An infraction will be issued for ignoring a Moderator’s warning. JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut