Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2024, 10:27 AM

3,487 posts, read 9,435,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notghinsaw View Post
LOL. What's reasonably priced though? I bought a year ago at 6.5% and current market is +30% and + 1-1.5%. 3/2 1500 sq.ft. houses become luxury. Looks like it's time for 2/1.
"Reasonably priced" would mean priced for today's market conditions. Not the seller's aspirational price, but one based on comps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2024, 03:59 PM

376 posts, read 171,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
"Reasonably priced" would mean priced for today's market conditions. Not the seller's aspirational price, but one based on comps.
I don't see anything reasonably priced currently. Yet it goes pending in three days.

Old 05-08-2024, 01:16 PM

7,009 posts, read 3,809,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
Are you in Fairfield County or another part of CT?

I noticed the townhouse condos in Trumbull cost almost as much as the capes of the same square footage.
Many downsizers, Boomers and GenXers don't want to deal with yardwork, shoveling snow, or fixing up musty old capes so they get condos. Condos are also easier to lock and leave for retirees who snowbird or take extended vacations.
Depending on locations like waterfront, some condos may sell higher and faster than single families in not as desirable locations.

Old 05-08-2024, 04:46 PM

35,032 posts, read 57,124,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notghinsaw View Post
I don't see anything reasonably priced currently. Yet it goes pending in three days.
“Reasonably priced” is a relative term. What’s overpriced to you may be reasonably priced to someone else.

Home prices are a function of what people can and are willing to pay for a home. In a free market like ours there is little anyone can do about it. It’s just how it works.

Old 05-08-2024, 05:32 PM

376 posts, read 171,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
“Reasonably priced” is a relative term. What’s overpriced to you may be reasonably priced to someone else.

Home prices are a function of what people can and are willing to pay for a home. In a free market like ours there is little anyone can do about it. It’s just how it works.

I'm merely comparing housing prices with early 2023 which seem to be a good deal as well as mortgage rates.

Old 05-08-2024, 06:01 PM

14,077 posts, read 13,995,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Many downsizers, Boomers and GenXers don't want to deal with yardwork, shoveling snow, or fixing up musty old capes so they get condos. Condos are also easier to lock and leave for retirees who snowbird or take extended vacations.
Depending on locations like waterfront, some condos may sell higher and faster than single families in not as desirable locations.
Will Gen Z or Millennials afford buy home in CT ?

Old 05-08-2024, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
No, not without parental or generational support. It is essentially over for them in CT, just call it a day, even if the market corrects some.

Old 05-08-2024, 09:05 PM

21,826 posts, read 28,202,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Millennials are all late twenties to early forties now. Many have homes.

No matter who you are, you’re getting less house now. Gen Z will have to settle for smaller houses, condos, less desirable towns.

Old 05-08-2024, 09:38 PM

34,116 posts, read 17,177,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
No, not without parental or generational support. It is essentially over for them in CT, just call it a day, even if the market corrects some.
until a correction hits, which many analysts anticipate. I just hope it is not severe, as the big swings in housing cost, not just in Ct but nationally, are not without consequences to the overall economy.

Old 05-09-2024, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
until a correction hits, which many analysts anticipate. I just hope it is not severe, as the big swings in housing cost, not just in Ct but nationally, are not without consequences to the overall economy.
It may not be as severe. There is no Countrywide ninja loan scandal so it will take another Black Swan to do that.

Keyword for millennials is those that “have” houses. For those that don’t, unless you sold big lately or mom and dad still around, see ya later, nice knowin’ ya.

GenZers I know now are doing one of two things. Shacking up in Stamford with roommates or hitting the road. A son of these people I know just last week left with the girlfriend for Charleston, bought a townhouse, work remote, though I’m not sure it’s that much cheaper there. These people still want some glitz and glamour and MS and AL don’t have that. The daughter wants to leave too but stuck in a job at Spectrum, they’re in the office 5 days. Some corps are still stuck in 2019.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut