Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2024, 02:13 PM

795 posts, read 831,406 times

Advertisements

26 Burnt Hollow and 550 Davis are headed to the dumpster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2024, 02:40 PM

21,917 posts, read 28,331,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerisgood02 View Post
26 Burnt Hollow and 550 Davis are headed to the dumpster.
Cheshire is not Fairfield. Burnt Hollow <.5 acre lot isn't worth $450k plus demolition costs. Most likely a flipper.

Old 05-17-2024, 05:22 PM

35,151 posts, read 57,308,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
That's a dump. Hideous green. Has to be teardown.

I was thinking about teardowns recently.

We all know Westport will do them until every raised ranch and modest cape is replaced by a McMansion. Their local Westport Now blog used to do a "teardown of the day" feature. I think the blog is dead now, but the teardowns continue.

Fairfield has seen a lot of it too. Fairfield Beach area south of 1 continues to have them.

In Milford I used to only see teardowns in the coastal areas, but I'm seeing more elsewhere. I guess in these coastal towns where there's very few lots to develop, this trend will only continue.
Are you talking about Westport Now. It was great. It was more like an independent news source. We quoted it here often. Unfortunately the publisher, Gordon Joseloff passed away in 2020 so it stop publication after 17 years. Here’s a link to its archive.

https://www.westportnow.com/

Teardowns aren’t just happening south of Route 1 in Fairfield. It’s happening all over town. Builders are buying modest homes around town and building larger more expensive homes. It’s crazy.

My maternal grandparents would be shocked to see what is happening on their modest Tunxis Hill street where they bought a lot for $300 and built a small cape for $5,000 in 1941. Later they bought another lot next to theirs for just $500. Now their street has $800,000 homes on it.

My paternal grandparents would also be shocked to see what a flipper did to their modest farmhouse in Carley Park. It’s now a McMansion monstrosity.

Old 05-17-2024, 05:49 PM

7,168 posts, read 3,900,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Are you talking about Westport Now. It was great. It was more like an independent news source. We quoted it here often. Unfortunately the publisher, Gordon Joseloff passed away in 2020 so it stop publication after 17 years. Here’s a link to its archive.

Teardowns aren’t just happening south of Route 1 in Fairfield. It’s happening all over town. Builders are buying modest homes around town and building larger more expensive homes. It’s crazy.

My maternal grandparents would be shocked to see what is happening on their modest Tunxis Hill street where they bought a lot for $300 and built a small cape for $5,000 in 1941. Later they bought another lot next to theirs for just $500. Now their street has $800,000 homes on it.

My paternal grandparents would also be shocked to see what a flipper did to their modest farmhouse in Carley Park. It’s now a McMansion monstrosity.
He knows

Old 05-17-2024, 05:49 PM

Quote:

Bummer. I was wondering why it stopped suddenly. Makes sense.

Old 05-17-2024, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Teardowns aren’t just happening south of Route 1 in Fairfield. It’s happening all over town.
Oh, and no doubt. There's been tear downs north of Rt 1 for years. Especially University area it seems. Fairfield Beach was just more noticeable since there were so many modest homes there that have been consistently bulldozed for years and continue to be.

Old 05-23-2024, 09:20 AM

This one's due for a bump it's been a while.

Here's another one. It's still going CT peeps. Thoughts and prayers for Gen Z and millenials who missed the boat, see ya guys. It's over.

14 Tonetta Circle, East Norwalk (Google it if you care, or not, doesn't matter to me) went live just a couple of weeks ago for $1.6.
I heard there was a furious all cash no contigency bidding war and it finally settled 400 over, so closer to 2.

Old 05-23-2024, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
This one's due for a bump it's been a while.

Here's another one. It's still going CT peeps. Thoughts and prayers for Gen Z and millenials who missed the boat, see ya guys. It's over.

14 Tonetta Circle, East Norwalk (Google it if you care, or not, doesn't matter to me) went live just a couple of weeks ago for $1.6.
I heard there was a furious all cash no contigency bidding war and it finally settled 400 over, so closer to 2.
That's not at all surprising. That's a great lot. It might even be a good deal.

This house in Milford sold for a whopping 3.1 million and they wound up tearing down half the house and doing a complete rebuild/addition. It looked like only the living room and a bit more was intact, down to the studs.

So essentially they paid big money for a good waterfront lot.

Old 05-23-2024, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
That's not at all surprising. That's a great lot. It might even be a good deal.

This house in Milford sold for a whopping 3.1 million and they wound up tearing down half the house and doing a complete rebuild/addition. It looked like only the living room and a bit more was intact, down to the studs.

So essentially they paid big money for a good waterfront lot.
Winning bidder (an Aussie) may tear it down

Old 05-23-2024, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Winning bidder (an Aussie) may tear it down
Probably. Or a semi tear down like that Milford property. Which I have to wonder if it has some sort of tax/approvals/permit benefit.

I remember on my commute there was a Gold Coast cape where they literally left the kitchen and built a McMansion around it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut