Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2008, 12:00 PM

2 posts, read 7,393 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am a recent graduate who will be working in East Hartford and my girlfriend will be working in Groton. I am looking to find an apartment complex/town that will place us in the most convenient location for our commutes. We are looking for a town that is not too residential, leaning more towards a busy/higher population town. Although, we are willing to sacrifice on that.

Looking at the map, I see Middletown and Norwich, both are too far for one of us. Colchester seems promising, any advice? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 12:04 PM

34,926 posts, read 56,924,455 times
The area between Groton and East Hartford is generally pretty rural in character. Colchester is really the only town with any sort of town center but there are not a lot of apartment complexes there. You may be able to find something but it will most likely not be a larger complex with typical amentities. Jay

Old 06-03-2008, 12:32 PM

21 posts, read 86,314 times
Look into the Country Place Apartments on Chestnut Hill Road in Colchester. Beautiful apartments with EASY access to Route 2 right down the street (will take you to either East Hartford or to Route 11 which brings you right down to the Groton area).

As JayCT previously mentioned, Colchester is the only town in the area with a town center with plenty of amentities. It serves as the hub of activity for the surrounding rural town complete with a Super Stop & Shop, Starbucks, Wendy's, McDonald's, (3) Dunkin Donuts', Rite Aid, CVS, Subway, Blockbuster, upwards of (8) banks, (7) gas stations, (4) car dealerships and a new plaza which is coming in right off of exit 18 on Route 2 (one can only guess whats going in there, only one store has been announced-Advanced Auto Parts).

Colchester was voted 57th best town to live in, in the nation, conducted by CNN in 2005, and was the fastest growing town in Connecticut during the past fifteen years. It's currently undergoing rapid growth, and is transforming from a sleepy farm town to a suburban bedroom community and is ideal because of its central location between Norwich, Middletown, Willimantic, Hartford, and New London/Groton.

Hope this helps!

Old 06-03-2008, 02:08 PM

2 posts, read 7,393 times
Thanks for the replies JayCT and Geotennis777. I had a feeling Colchester would be my best bet.

Geotennis, you mentioned Country Place Apartments - I am having a very tough time finding any listings for Colchester. I've looked in the usual online sites and tried googling places, but Colchester just doesn't show up. Are there other complexes that you know of that would be worth looking into?

Old 06-03-2008, 02:14 PM

21 posts, read 86,314 times
I don't know much about apartment-listings on the internet, but if you live in the near area, I'd suggest visiting these apartment complexes in Colchester to inquire about the availability:

Country Place Apartments
1 Birch Circle
Colchester, CT

Colchester Courtyards
38 Balaban Road
Colchester, CT

Tavern Lane Apartments
Tavern Lane (off of South Main Street)
Colchester, CT

I know this isn't much help, and I also looked on the internet for apartments in Colchester to no avail! Hope you find what your looking for, Colchester is a great town!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut