Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 10:05 AM

1,117 posts, read 2,038,844 times

Advertisements

WTNH.com, Connecticut News and Weather - Hartford police release video of hit-and-run

I am disgusted after seeing this on the national news (MSNBC)...I hope they catch the guy who hit him, but wish we could do something about the bystanders and people who just ignored him and never stopped or tried to help. Apparently, no one even called 9-1-1!! It was a police cruiser going to another call that chanced upon him or he would have continued to lay there with people gawking and considering him a spectacle.

I've assisted in accidents with NO QUALMS about stepping in to offer assistance. What is the problem with people that they can't make a simple call to 9-1-1? If I didn't have a phone, I'd be running to find one.

I hope this guy makes it. I feel so bad for him...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 10:34 AM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
Yes, this was all over the local news this morning. It is pretty disgusting. Jay

Old 06-05-2008, 12:29 PM

439 posts, read 1,232,678 times
This is disgusting. At one point there is a mini van coming in the lan e the man is laying in and they back up and turn around. Are you kidding me? What ever happened to human comnpassion. All we care about is not being stopped on our way to the store or work?

Old 06-05-2008, 01:06 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,736 times
Makes me wonder if those "bodies" in and around the scene were human.

I want to say much more but won't because it would be ugly and rightfully so.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:08 PM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times
Disgusting. That's the only word I can use to describe this. Why didn't any of the drivers stop and help??? Why didn't those passing by offer assistance??? It's not only the driver who hit this man that disgust me, it's those around him and those who drove by him who are equally as disgusting.

Can this have occurred because those in our state lead lackadaisical and aloof lives? Can it be that Hartford is a very high crime city, so people were afraid to stop and offer assistance? I think it's a combination of both.

Absolutely appalling.

Last edited by kidyankee764; 06-05-2008 at 03:22 PM..

Old 06-05-2008, 03:15 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,038,844 times
I know that some people are incapable of offering MEDICAL assistance, but no one even approached him. They stood a good six feet away, not bothering to stop traffic, etc... they just GAWKED.

However, for those who feel they are not medically qualified to touch him in any way, they could have assisted in other ways such as CALLING 9-1-1!!!!!!!!!! Stop traffic. Call out for help to see if anyone who didn't see it may be around (a nurse, doctor, paramedic, etc.) Guard his body with your own and wave traffic to stop so he doesn't get run over completely.

But no one did.

I have no faith in humanity after seeing this.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:33 PM

439 posts, read 1,232,678 times
To say I dont have a cell phone, when to me it looked as if there were shops all over that street. No one could run and say some one got hit by a car call the cops.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:38 PM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times
I love CT, it is a beautiful state, but it's time the people here change their selfish ways. The Police Chief said it best:

"At the end of the day we've got to look at ourselves and understand that our moral values have now changed." Police Chief Daryl Roberts said. "We have no regard for each other."

Old 06-05-2008, 03:43 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I love CT, it is a beautiful state, but it's time the people here change their selfish ways. The Police Chief said it best:

"At the end of the day we've got to look at ourselves and understand that our moral values have now changed." Police Chief Daryl Roberts said. "We have no regard for each other."
I agree but it starts with Family and even in Marriage that morals, values, and ethics which is sorely lacking in many of those. Just imagine what kind of "COLD" (to say the least) life those "bodies" in and around that scene live. What we saw in that horrific video is an extention of this existing problem.

Also that Man should have crossed that street via the crosswalk and not jaywalk. Of course that kind of horrific accident still could've happened there too.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:49 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,053,741 times
shame On You Hartford !! The People In Florida Would Never Do Such A Thing....

Shame Shame Shame
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut