Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 02:38 PM

5 posts, read 15,229 times

Advertisements

My family and myself will be relocating to connecticut, can anyone tell me anything about hartford or new england? I want to live a quite town near these cities but not in the city. I would like my kids to have a nice place to grow up and still be close enough to the city to find a good job. And please don't point me to the ghetto areas. Beautiful and affordable. PLEASE HELP!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 02:53 PM

4,462 posts, read 8,023,360 times
Greater Hartford with 1.3 million people is the states largest metro area, and has the most affordable housing markets. Geographically, north, south, west and east of Hartford are many attractive towns to live, with a high quality of life, low crime, great services, excellent cultural venues, shopping and more.

Median house price in the region is 240K- higher prices will be found west of Hartford, lower east of Hartford.

Towns to recommend west of Hartford; West Hartford, Avon, Simsbury, Canton, Granby.
South of Hartford; Wethersfield, Rocky Hill, Newington, Rocky Hill, Cromwell.

East of Hartford; South Windsor, Ellington, Glastonbury, Manchester, Bolton, Somers Vernon.

North of Hartford Suffield, Enfield, Windsor Locks.

Giving the forum more information on your housing needs would be helpful.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:47 AM

Question moving to connecticut

Well we are looking for a smaller town somewhere between Hartford and New England. We are looking to rent or rent to own a home with no more then $1100 monthly mortgage. At least 2-3 bedroom with 2 baths and a nice yard.Near preschools and daycare. We will be leaving Florida in March and we need to get an Idea of where a nice and affordable town would be where the is lots to do for the kids as well as not to far for adults to have a little fun as well.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:06 AM

100 posts, read 363,257 times
my son lives in Hartford. He moved there 3 years ago. He hates the winters and high taxes. Plans on moving back to Florida when he sells his house. Need a 3 bedroom home?

Old 06-18-2008, 09:22 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,900,631 times
Hi, welcome to Connecticut! First of all, Connecticut is actually one of six states that make up New England:

New England - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"New England is a region of the United States located in the northeastern corner of the country, consisting of the modern states of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut."

So when you say, "tell me anything about hartford or new england? I want to live a quite town near these cities", and "between Hartford and New England", I get a little confused. And will you need to commute to a particular city for work?

If we have a little more information about what you need we should be able to help you.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:47 AM

FloridaandOhio
Actually we do but we are looking to rent or rent to own can't afford to buy a home as of yet but thats something that you will do then please let me know

Last edited by hatingflorida; 06-18-2008 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: added who to go to

Old 06-18-2008, 10:28 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,023,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaandOhio View Post
my son lives in Hartford. He moved there 3 years ago. He hates the winters and high taxes. Plans on moving back to Florida when he sells his house. Need a 3 bedroom home?
I would think that Connecticut's economy is fairing better then both Florida (where taxes are rising) and Ohio presently.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:30 AM

andthentherewere3 Thanks for the information I have no idea about anything up there.LOL Are there any small nice affordable towns that are within a 30min commuting time of Hartford

Old 06-18-2008, 10:35 AM

I really want all of the seasons here in Florida there is only one season HOT HOT HOT!!! I don't mind heat or cold but I would like a descent mixture of all the seasons!!!

Old 06-18-2008, 11:39 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,006,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatingflorida View Post
andthentherewere3 Thanks for the information I have no idea about anything up there.LOL Are there any small nice affordable towns that are within a 30min commuting time of Hartford
Check out Manchester for sure if you will be renting as you'll have a lot better chance at finding something. It's not "small" by CT standards (More medium), but is small by national standards and feels much more like a smaller town than a city. We have 50K pop.

It's affordable, clean, working class, lots to do, tons of shopping access to everything. Hartford and all of it's happenings is 15 minutes one way with virtually no traffic to get there and Eastern CT countryside the other way with dairy farms, antique shops etc.

Diverse population and housing stock with a very nice New Enland type main street with shops, restaurants etc.

Just do a quick search on Manchester CT on this forum and you'll get a lot more info.

P.S. I moved back to CT from FL after 5 years. I never looked back. You have 4 balanced seasons non lasting long enough to get sick of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut