Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 08:30 PM

756 posts, read 2,211,681 times

Advertisements

My family has lived in CT for a year now and my oldest daughter, will be a senior in high school, and is looking at Western in Danbury and Southern, in New Haven, for nursing programs. I need honest answers about sending our first child off to either of these cities that we know nothing about. Are they safe? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 08:34 PM

2,102 posts, read 7,726,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcfamily View Post
My family has lived in Conn. for a year now, and my oldest daughter will be a senior in high school and is looking at Western in Danbury and Southern in New Haven for nursing programs.

I need honest answers about sending our first child off to either of these cities that we know nothing about. Are they safe? Thanks!
Your best bet is to inquire at the local police departments. On a side note, SCSU straddles the Hamden-New Haven town line.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:30 AM

36 posts, read 58,170 times
I graduated from SCSU.I lived in New Haven for 10 years.The mayor of New Haven has ruined it by making it a sanctuary city.He basically has turned it over to Illegal Aliens.It is crime ridden and many victims are Yale and Southern students.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:11 AM

4,462 posts, read 7,962,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh68 View Post
I graduated from SCSU.I lived in New Haven for 10 years.The mayor of New Haven has ruined it by making it a sanctuary city.He basically has turned it over to Illegal Aliens.It is crime ridden and many victims are Yale and Southern students.
Again- I would like to see actual crime rates inflicted on Yale students before I can accept your statement- it seems more opinion then actual data and facts

Any inner city college or university nationally will see some crime issues- but this s mainly for those who stray from the safe zone.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh68 View Post
Again- I would like to see actual crime rates inflicted on Yale students before I can accept your statement- it seems more opinion then actual data and facts that support your statement.

Any inner city college or university nationally will see some crime issues- but this is mainly for those who stray from the safe zone.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:37 AM

Sky trekker no need for double posting.We see which side of the fence you are on.

"straying from the safe zone"

Um.. the last time I checked this was America.The safe zone? Every citizen is entitled to walk the streets and feel safe.Who are you to determine what a "safe zone" is?

The fact remains that the Mayor of New Haven has turned a beautiful city into a sanctuary city.Enabling many illegal alien criminals to settle there.Crime is out of control in New Haven.If you want statistics go look them up.

Have you ever lived in New Haven?

I was educated at SCSU and at Yale and lived there for 10 years but finally left due to the crime.

I love how people who have never even lived in a city such as New Haven or Hartford feel free to say "Oh yea its a safe place, send your kids there"

Old 08-06-2008, 08:09 AM

I am not saying New Haven is without problems- I however do believe your mission thus far has been to over magnify problems- as was your 'vermin criminals over running West Hartford' that kind of hyperbole leads me to believe that the rest of the information you give may also be suspect.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:11 AM

184 posts, read 839,305 times
Having spent time in both cities and on both college campuses, I'd consider Danbury to be the "safer" of the two, just going by gut feeling. Western has really turned into quite a nice campus these past few years. Go visit. Spend time in and around the areas your daughter would be living -- at night.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:16 AM

As A moderator I am sure you are aware that you should not misquote forum members.Please provide that quote from any one of my posts.

I also see from your profile that you are not married and have no children, and that you have never lived in either one of these cities.So I see that your credibility is less than suspect.

Folks it is very easy for someone who has never lived in Hartford or New Haven and lives out in suburbia to say"Sure send your kids down to these 2 SANCTUARY cities"

Skytrekker your credibility is very suspect.If you are too lazy to look at the crime stats of Hartford and New Haven, and you have never lived in either of these cities.Or you have no wife or kids to protect, then how are we to believe anything you post here?

By the way, yes i do consider lawbreakers "vermin" So you can include that in every one of your responses to my posts

Old 08-06-2008, 08:20 AM

The crime data I got from the city data sight- which gets those stats via the FBI
as far as my personal life - I frankly do not THINK that is important here. And should not be brought into the conversation by you or anyone else.

//www.city-data.com/city/West-H...nnecticut.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut