U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2008, 06:12 AM

8 posts, read 35,983 times

Advertisements

Hi-

I was hoping that I might get some feedback about the different areas in Milford CT.

-Woodmont
-North Milford
-Bayview Beach Area

I am looking to move and would like to learn more about each community and the schools.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 07:34 AM

4,051 posts, read 5,997,709 times
I know that Woodmont is an exclusive beach community in Milford. It is highly desirable and a number of people who work in NYC reside there.

I just bought a home right across the Oyster River in West Haven and am enjoying the beaches quite a bit.

The properties in this area have been hammered considerably with the subprime meltdown and there are some definite deals to be found. The area should rebound nicely in the next major RE upturn as it has been seriously oversold IMHO.

As far as Milford schools go, they generally outperform the state averages by a comfortable margin and are not that far off more affluent and less diverse surrounding communities.

Check out this state link for more school information https://solutions1.emetric.net/cmtpublic/Default.aspx

Last edited by Lincolnian; 08-21-2008 at 07:42 AM..

Old 08-21-2008, 08:36 AM

172 posts, read 548,469 times
bayview beach is a beautiful area. they have a private beach association and the people are all friendly with each other. a nice community. and you can't beat the views from there!

Old 08-21-2008, 04:41 PM

8 posts, read 50,386 times
Default Milford, CT

I am a local Realtor and a resident of Milford,CT since 1988. The Woodmont area is beautiful with long stretches of sidewalks along the water and a wide variety of homes to choose from. I found the schools to be very innovative and the teachers more than willing to work with interested parents. One of our local farms (Robert Treats) has expanded and now includes a Farmers Market on Wednesdays (can't get any fresher than that) Access to I95 or the Merrit is quite easy and New Haven is apx. 15 minutes away. In additon, the downtown train will get you into NY in apx. 45 minutes. Homes in both the Bayview and Woodmont area vary in lot size with the homes closest to the water typicaly closer together. Bayview residents pay an association fee which helps limit beach usage to outsiders. Woodmont residents who live in the bourough (closer to water) pay a Burough fee to cover services in that area. However, Woodmont is not restrictive in beach usage. We have many neighborhood parks a well as a local YMCA and a great Rec Department full of programs for families and youths. Our school systems are rated high and I found the teachers very innovative (took part in a Multi-age class which is 2years with the same teacher allowing the child to take ownership and become a leader in the 2nd year) also enrichment classes and much more. Even though Milford is a big city it has a small town feel with very friendly people and many outdoor events. You can find out more by visiting the Milford Chamber of Commerce

Feel free to contact me if you would like more information..

Old 08-21-2008, 04:50 PM

8,778 posts, read 18,516,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnas57 View Post
I am a local Realtor and a resident of Milford,CT since 1988.. In additon, the downtown train will get you into NY in apx. 45 minutes.
Feel free to contact me

I think you're just a little bit off on that 45 min. estimate.

mta.info | Metro-North Railroad

Old 08-23-2008, 11:11 AM

3,364 posts, read 8,816,372 times
The fastest you can get into NYC by train is an hour and a half from Milford. Nice for day trips, but not the easiest commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>