Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 12:34 AM

19 posts, read 175,674 times

Advertisements

If anyone can tell me anything about milford or Fairfield, that would be helpful. I have been looking at a couple of apartments online, but I'm not sure if they are in safe areas or not. Also, if anyone knows of decent apartments to check out, that would be helpful as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2007, 08:35 AM

2 posts, read 6,158 times
I grew up in Milford. The woodmont area is nice, areas closer to the border of Orange are a littler nicer than the Devon area. The center of town is great as well. Good Luck.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:52 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,417,373 times
I also grew up in Milford and agree with the above, although there really are no "bad" areas of Milford. I can't think of any area where I would feel unsafe. I saw in your other thread you were looking at no more than 1-1/2 hour commute to NYC. Keep in mind that Milford to NYC on Metro North is 90 minutes and that only puts you in Grand Central, not door to door. It could be a much longer commute depending on where in the city the office is located.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:17 AM

19 posts, read 175,674 times
Thanks for your replies. Milford seems to be the best place so far. My husband said that the commute would be fine, at least for starting out. I have been looking at apartments online and it seems like there aren't too many to choose from. Are there any websites you would recommend? Also, we are going to visit my parents in NY in June, so we are going to make a stop in CT. Are there any places you would recommend going to? Especially around the milford area. Thanks again for your replies.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:23 AM

There aren't a ton of apartment buildings in Milford. There are some, mostly scattered about town (not all in one area), and most are not huge complexes by any means. There are lots of condo complexes around if that appeals to you. The majority of Milford is comprised of single family homes.

I have never rented through a realtor, but being from out of state you may want to hook up with one who works in Milford. They can probably give you a better idea of what is out there regarding rentals.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:46 PM

95 posts, read 447,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
There aren't a ton of apartment buildings in Milford. There are some, mostly scattered about town (not all in one area), and most are not huge complexes by any means. There are lots of condo complexes around if that appeals to you. The majority of Milford is comprised of single family homes.

I have never rented through a realtor, but being from out of state you may want to hook up with one who works in Milford. They can probably give you a better idea of what is out there regarding rentals.
There's an Avalon complex off of Woodmont Rd just north of I-95 that might be worth checking out.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:06 AM

154 posts, read 801,953 times
For those that grew up in Milford, how severe is the risk of flooding living right next to or near the Housatonic River? Is flood insurance mandatory?

Old 02-07-2007, 10:12 AM

I grew up in a house just about on the Housatonic. Flood insurance is mandatory for some homes not others. For example, my parents didn't have to pay it but their next door neighbor did.

If you have a certain house in mind you can always look at the FEMA Flood Zone maps (available online) or call the City of Milford Engineering Dept. and they will tell you if an address is in a flood zone or not.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:20 AM

15 posts, read 61,340 times
Default I live in Milford...*m

and am currently renting an apt, but are in the market for a house. Hoping to be out of here when our lease ends May 31st. I believe there are a couple of vacant units right now.

Anyway, for apt living, it's not bad here and I am pretty picky! We are located close to the center of town, about half mile from the train station.

I live in a 2 bedroom, 1 bath. It costs $1325 a month. All the units are 2 beds but some have 2 baths, I believe that's an extra $100 a month. The name of the place is called 670-680 Milford. You can probably google it for more info or post here if you have any more questions.

Old 02-09-2007, 01:10 PM

291 posts, read 1,781,628 times
Milford is a great town. I have lived here the past 15 years and never have locked my door. We are moving to escape the weather. There is tons of good restaurants and shopping. The schools are good as well. We live in the Meadowside area close to the green and railroad station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut