Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 07:26 AM

1,273 posts, read 4,158,957 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are always looking for new places to discover. We met another couple last night that raved about Main Street in Middletown. They said there's a lot of great restaurants and some good live entertainment.

Has anyone here experienced it?

I haven't been to Middletown in years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 07:57 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,718,599 times
Default Main Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilani Vasquez View Post
My husband and I are always looking for new places to discover. We met another couple last night that raved about Main Street in Middletown. They said there's a lot of great restaurants and some good live entertainment.

If you want some nightlife in Middletown, Main Street is definitely the place to be. There's been some revitalization to this area in the past 10-15 years, and as a result it's just overall a more vibrant scene than it was a few years back, as well as safer. Lots of mom-and-pop stores and shops. Nice, ethnic resaturants. Wonderful authentic pubs.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:04 AM

Thanks Mike.

We don't like to go into Downtown Hartford. It's not worth paying all that money for parking just to go out to dinner.

I think we might be going there tonight. It's our "date" night!

Old 09-12-2008, 08:28 AM

34,915 posts, read 56,893,272 times
I would not expect to find a "vibrant" nightlife in Middletown. It is not like New York with a lot of people in the streets at all hours. Then again there is really no place quite like that in Conecticut. There are a number of nice restaurants and bars, as well as a movie theater. It is very convenient to go there to have dinner and see a movie. Jay

Old 09-12-2008, 08:37 AM

I'm basically looking for something safe. I'm always up for something new.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:39 AM

I hear ya. My town shares a border with Hartford and even I rarely venture there anymore. I don't find it to be a very welcoming city atall. Parking is a nightmare and it's expensive. If you miss your street it's a hastle trying to get back to where you want to be since most are one-way streets. You get the idea. Anyway, you should be able to find a place you both like. And the nice thing is you can park right on the street next to the sidewalk, or right around the corner on a side street.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:49 AM

I'm 35 and he's 39. We're looking for something semi-mature...We're a couple of "foody's" too.

We love Black Eyed Sally's in downtown Hartford. By the time we park, eat and drink - we've spent about $100. That's usually with 4 drinks (2 each), 2 appetizers, plus tip and parking.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I would not expect to find a "vibrant" nightlife in Middletown. It is not like New York with a lot of people in the streets at all hours. Then again there is really no place quite like that in Conecticut. There are a number of nice restaurants and bars, as well as a movie theater. It is very convenient to go there to have dinner and see a movie. Jay
I guess what I meant was for a small city of not quite 50,000 there's a lot to do here. It's not a Manhattan by any means, but it's not trying to be. I haven't been down here in a while since it isn't close but it's just an enjoyable. Unlike other towns where everything is spread out in a series of strip malls comprised of big-box stores and chain theaters, everything here is contained in a small downtown area.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:01 AM

10,054 posts, read 14,418,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilani Vasquez View Post

I've visited Middletown several times duing the day for client visits. I was surprised by the "niceness and cleanliness" of downtown. It does look very clean and lively--with a lot of new construction and restaurants, shops, some bars, and boutiques. Stay to the middle part of downtown or south. If venturing north, it turns really sketchy, really fast though.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:55 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,017,296 times
'Nightlife' in Middletown CT is confined to small cafes and bars and some excellent restaurants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut