Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 08:58 AM

2 posts, read 8,648 times

Advertisements

I have found some troubling differences in the search results using the data base on this site and using the state police registry directly. Notice the difference in the two links.

[URL]//www.city-data.com/so/so-Plymouth-Connecticut.html[/URL] The City-data link

[URL]http://www.sor.state.ct.us/pls/sor/wsor$offender.actionquery[/URL]
The DPS link.

Last edited by wetwilly66; 10-02-2008 at 09:03 AM.. Reason: inncorrect copy/paste
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 09:00 AM

2 posts, read 8,648 times
Default Correction for DPS copy/paste

[URL]http://www.sor.state.ct.us/pls/sor/wsor$offender.actionquery[/URL]

Old 10-02-2008, 08:54 PM

578 posts, read 2,097,849 times
This feature needs to be removed from city-data forum...and if you ask me...the whole internet.
I am a firm believer that when you commit a crime, you get punished...and serve your time.
You should NOT have to suffer collateral damage/harassment once your sentance is complete.
You've done your time...let 'em live.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:14 AM

2,856 posts, read 10,429,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecountry View Post
This feature needs to be removed from city-data forum...and if you ask me...the whole internet.
I am a firm believer that when you commit a crime, you get punished...and serve your time.
You should NOT have to suffer collateral damage/harassment once your sentance is complete.
You've done your time...let 'em live.
Ummm... NO, dont agree. As a mother with young children I always use those sites before i move to be sure their are no sex offenders in the area.
I've heard many experts say people like that cannot be cured.
It's more the rapists and child sex offenders i worry about though.
Not so much spousal abuse etc..

If you dont want to be on a sex offender registry...here's an idea... DONT commit a sex crime.

Not hard to do...

Old 10-03-2008, 07:51 AM

45 posts, read 93,424 times
Default Sex Offense Registry

I believe that the offender should be noted if he has done anything to a child, but I have a different opinion on the other sex offenses. For example when a young man (about age 18 - 20) goes with a girl that is 16 but looks like she is 18+ and gets arrested for it. Also, when someone exposes themselves but does no harm. They are all labeled the same and are punished for life.

Old 10-03-2008, 04:30 PM

5,064 posts, read 15,893,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh02 View Post
ummm... No, dont agree. As a mother with young children i always use those sites before i move to be sure their are no sex offenders in the area.

If you dont want to be on a sex offender registry...here's an idea... Dont commit a sex crime.

Not hard to do...
ita

(as a side note, why is it that my capital letters are being changed to lower case after posting??)

Old 10-04-2008, 09:09 AM

31 posts, read 144,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enolihi View Post
I believe that the offender should be noted if he has done anything to a child, but I have a different opinion on the other sex offenses. For example when a young man (about age 18 - 20) goes with a girl that is 16 but looks like she is 18+ and gets arrested for it. Also, when someone exposes themselves but does no harm. They are all labeled the same and are punished for life.

An 18-20 year old who sleeps with a 16-17 year old is not illegal in CT. 16-17 is illegal for adults 21 and older. Under 16 is illegal for 18 and over.
Also, just because a young girl looks older, doesn't mean an adult man should take advantage of her. I know 12 and 13 year old girls who are very developed, that doesn't mean that they are ready for sex. I understand that there are situations where young girls lie about their age, but in cases where the adult knew better, he/she is WRONG!
As a mother, I want to know where sex offenders, mainly child sex offenders, are living. It's been proven that most commit the same crimes over again and their crimes get even more severe. We need to do everything in our power to protect our children.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:56 PM

1,231 posts, read 2,686,936 times
Just a reminder:
Some offenders only have to register for 10 years, the Waterbury Rep-Am had a recent article that many are starting to drop off the list as their offense dates age.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:05 PM

578 posts, read 2,097,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH02 View Post
Ummm... NO, dont agree. As a mother with young children I always use those sites before i move to be sure their are no sex offenders in the area.

If you dont want to be on a sex offender registry...here's an idea... DONT commit a sex crime.

Not hard to do...
If an 18 year old is with a 16 year old...that can be considered a sex crime.
If I go to the bathroom in public...that can be a sex crime.
Should those people suffer the embarrassment and shaming of being a sex offender?

Old 10-10-2008, 05:24 AM

2,856 posts, read 10,429,058 times
you CAN avoid both.
Not to mention WHY would you need to go the bathroom in public?
Women cant do it...so you shouldn't need to!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut