Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2022, 09:02 PM

34,930 posts, read 56,924,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
Thanks for all the links!

The cake from Del Prete was really good.
I’m glad you liked it. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2022, 11:35 AM

10 posts, read 21,171 times
Default Memories

I’m in my 80s and remember the Hartford chicken coop and it was pretty much under the railroad trestle. Later moved west a little bit of the hill next to the railroad in a more modern building. The finest chicken I’ve ever had to this day

Old 01-30-2022, 11:49 PM

1 posts, read 732 times
I’m in my 70’s now. We used to go to the French Club in New Britain. After the dance we often went to The Chicken Coop in the plaza in New Britain. Absolutely the best chicken hands down. If it was too busy we would go to the Olympia Diner on the Berlin Tpyk. That was back when restaurants cared about the quality AND value of the food they served.
Did anyone in this forum ever get the Chicken Coops’ fried chicken recipe? If so, please share.

Old 02-01-2022, 02:11 PM

107 posts, read 57,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Great. Let me know what you think. I know the neighborhood is a bit sketchy but they’ve been there forever and for them to survive that long there means the must be doing something well. I hope they live up to your expectations. They are know more for their Italian cookies but we’ve found everything good, though I haven’t been there in years now.

It’s a shame Luigi’s bakery closed. I used to love their rum soaked cakes. I did find this about the Cannoli Pie Company offering Luigi’s cannoli pies but their cafe looks to be closed. You can call and ask. One article says you can get them at Stop & Shop but I don’t remember seeing them. Will have to look. I might try ordering through Goldbelly. Again good luck with Del Prete’s. I hope you like it. Jay

https://www.ctpost.com/business/slid...now-213002.php

https://www.opentable.com/r/luigis-c...any-bridgeport

http://thecannolipiecompany.com/
Just had the Cannoli Pie you referenced from Stop and Shop last weekend. North Haven store to be precise.

Old 02-01-2022, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Oar and Oak in Stratford/Milford, Haven Hot Chicken in New Haven, or Sandra’s in New Haven.
Haven Hot Chicken is phenomenal, I could literally eat there every day. For the sake of my arteries I don't, but man I want to.

They're also opening another location in Orange in the near future.

Old 02-01-2022, 03:22 PM

34,930 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Fiction View Post
Just had the Cannoli Pie you referenced from Stop and Shop last weekend. North Haven store to be precise.
Was it good? Jay

Old 02-01-2022, 05:00 PM

6,900 posts, read 3,738,611 times
Quote:
Was it good? Jay
Are you serious?
It's a cannoli pie, of course it's good, I mean just look at that thing. By default it's good. Italians know what the hell their doing.
Watching the video on the site makes you just want to jump in the vat full of the cream and chips.
I'm heading to Stop & Shop for tomorrow's WFH lunch break.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:06 AM

841 posts, read 506,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Fiction View Post
Haven Hot Chicken is phenomenal, I could literally eat there every day. For the sake of my arteries I don't, but man I want to.

They're also opening another location in Orange in the near future.
I've got to try this place. I work pretty close.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Was it good? Jay
It was good, nothing early shattering and I would argue a bit overpriced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut