Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 04:02 PM

2 posts, read 5,862 times

Advertisements

I have to have this chicken one more time. Someone has to have the recipe. I'm 68 and refuse to leave earth without having this chicken and onion rings one more time/This is the best of all I have tasted across this great country!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 10:19 AM

1 posts, read 2,340 times
Hi,, My name is Janet and I just started a page on Facebook called "Resurrecting the Chicken Coop". There are people on 3 different Hartford sites that are trying to contact the owners, get the recipes, and investors that want the Chicken Coop to live on in Hartford. They'd like to start it up again in the area o Union Station.
I see you said your grandfather owned it. I'd appreciate any information, pictures that you can give me about the coop.
Thanks so much!

Old 02-06-2014, 06:53 AM

1 posts, read 2,320 times
omg it would be the most visited restaurant ever. I think of it so often. Went there are a child with my parents and took my kids there. We all still remember it as the best and keep trying to find chicken that good.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,310 times
Anyone have a picture of the Chicken coop in Hartford

Old 02-24-2014, 11:37 AM

1 posts, read 2,275 times
Default The Chicken Coop in Hartford CT

I'd like to see a picture of the Chicken Coop restaurant in Hartford Connecticut too.

Old 04-19-2014, 03:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,228 times
Hey folks, Just wanted to get this fact on the record since I have not seen it mentioned anywhere on the web...

I was born and raised in Hartford and frequented the Coop on many occasions. But as a youngster living in the southwest end of Hartford the Chicken Coop located near the train station was too far to walk. So during my younger years we used to walk to the Chicken Coop located on Broad St. I don't remember the exact address but walking down Broad St. From New Britain Ave. toward Park St. it was located on the left side of the street pretty close to Park St. This location only offered food for take out and, as I remember it, only offered the fried menu items (chicken, chicken liver, fries, onion ring, stuff like that). That was fine for me and my friends as we always ordered the (3) piece dark chicken (which came with fries in that 10 x 10 x 2" box) and a side order of onion rings.

Not 100% sure but I believe the take out location closed a year or two before the main restaurant near the train station. Maybe "henderson2245" can provide some more information. Like, what happened to the fried menu item(s) recipe.

Old 07-04-2014, 01:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,157 times
My parents and friend's parents use to bring home at lease 4 boxes of Chicken Coop's fried chicken, fries and/or onion rings every weekend that they spent in the City of Hartford, CT. How we miss this wonderful treat. Best Chicken you could have had in your life. Now, in our mid 50's, still craving that HOT, CRISPY, JUCIEY Chicken wrapped up in the cartoon box with the red & white string, all stacked in a neat bundle. One could have smelled that Chicken miles away. Memories that will never go away.

Last edited by msmarussell; 07-04-2014 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: spell check

Old 07-04-2014, 10:30 PM

76 posts, read 96,078 times
Out of the world onion rings, I remember.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:52 AM

1 posts, read 2,117 times
Default chicken coop

to the relatives of the chicken coop, we are interested in obtaining the recipe.

Old 11-26-2014, 01:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,004 times
Default The Chicken Coop

Hysterical coming across this post! The Chicken Coop in Hartford was my uncle's (grandfather's brother) place, my grandfather owned the Chicken Roost on State Street in Bridgeport. Louie Armstrong used to go there often as my grandfather used to play and record with him, Bobby Hackett among many others (have photos) and we still have the original recipe. Someone also mentioned the baby pictures on the walls, yup, that is correct at both places. I actually have mine home now. I'm so glad to see so many people remember them!! They loved their customers and would have been so happy to see these posts. I know I am!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut