Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 02:14 PM

1,294 posts, read 2,598,948 times

Advertisements

I remember "Does anyone remember the Chicken Coop?" although not the restaurant. There seems to be a lot of demand for the recipe, so you might want to send him a direct message and ask if it can be shared on this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2020, 04:04 PM

1 posts, read 866 times
Any chance I could get that recipe for chicken or onion rings??
If possible... [email]roadeo@charter.net[/email]

I miss the Chicken Coop all time. Went there with my dad a lot.

Old 07-27-2020, 06:00 PM

1 posts, read 709 times
Unhappy Chicken Coop

My cousin use to be the cook there and every now and than he would cook up a batch of chicken coop chicken for the family. I tried to get the recipe but he won't give it up, he is now about 79 or older. I tell you that was the best chicken ever and I guess we won't taste chicken like that again.

Last edited by cherylebrn58; 07-27-2020 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: mis spell word

Old 07-27-2020, 09:55 PM

34,632 posts, read 56,360,262 times
Didn’t I just mention this thread on another post when a poster asked about old threads being resurrected? This thread was started 12 years ago and comes back every so often. Boy that chicken must have been good.

Old 07-27-2020, 10:05 PM

6,572 posts, read 3,532,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Didn’t I just mention this thread on another post when a poster asked about old threads being resurrected? This thread was started 12 years ago and comes back every so often. Boy that chicken must have been good.
I just had some decadent southern fried chicken in Westport last week. With biscuits and some kind of honey maple sauce. My God it was out of this world. I had to run almost a half marathon the next day.

Not sure something called the "Chicken Coop" would fly in today's America.

Old 07-27-2020, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
I just had some decadent southern fried chicken in Westport last week. With biscuits and some kind of honey maple sauce. My God it was out of this world. I had to run almost a half marathon the next day.

Not sure something called the "Chicken Coop" would fly in today's America.
I make my own fried chicken. Follow my mother’s recipe which was excellent and still talked about in my family. I don’t make it often because it’s not healthy but every so often my kids want it. I’ve made it twice since March since I’ve had time on my hands. Im guessing I’ll be asked again soon. . I am making my kids help me now so they learn the recipe and how to cook it. It’s so good. Now I’m craving it.

Old 07-27-2020, 10:25 PM

6,572 posts, read 3,532,821 times
Quote:
I make my own fried chicken. Follow my mother’s recipe which was excellent and still talked about in my family. I don’t make it often because it’s not healthy but every so often my kids want it. I’ve made it twice since March since I’ve had time on my hands. Im guessing I’ll be asked again soon. . I am making my kids help me now so they learn the recipe and how to cook it. It’s so good. Now I’m craving it.
Can I come over?

Old 07-27-2020, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Can I come over?
Sure. Once the pandemic has ended.

Old 03-19-2021, 11:28 AM

1 posts, read 530 times
Hi
I can't believe I just found this post. I realize I am about 12 years late in replying : ) I have been talking about the Chicken Coop for years! I thought I had imagined this magical place my dad took me as a child to get the most amazing onion rings. Sadly, it is one of the only memories I have of my father. We lived in CT and my dad would take me on his dry-cleaning deliveries with him as child. My parents owned Ted's clothing care. The Chicken Coop was one of weekly lunch stops. My parents divorced and I never saw him again. My mom moved to Florida with me and my brother and sister (long story). This place has special memories to me... Thank you for the update!

Old 01-09-2022, 02:45 PM

10 posts, read 20,985 times
Quote:
I had heard that the two restaurants were connected. We loved the Chicken Roost. We would pick up dinner there. We now go to Drumstick on Main Street in the North End. I wonder if they are the same recipe because their chicken tastes very similar. Jay
My wife and I would go there in the early 1960s, pick up chicken, wrap it in the blanket, and take it to a drive-in movie. Wonderful times! Would pay for that recipe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut