Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2008, 08:08 AM

42 posts, read 117,286 times

Advertisements

I don't know how many people on this board are from Stratford.
Anyone knows anything about the soccer league for kids?
I tried to find info. on line and did not find anything.
I have a 7 year old soccer fanatic here.

Thanks

Steph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2008, 09:57 AM

21,616 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Steph-

I know there is a club (Stratford United Soccer Club) but I'm not sure of any age restrictions. I *think* players may have to be 10 years old, but don't quote me on that.

You can also check out Korner Kicks Sports Center in Stratford. I think they might have an indoor soccer league.

Old 11-29-2008, 10:07 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,893,696 times
When my daughter was younger, she played on a travel soccer team in Monroe. Before then she played on AYSO teams run by the town. I imagine Stratford has some kind of similar program for kids. In the spring, the Stratford recreation department might offer soccer to residents, you can call them and ask:

http://townofstratford.com/content/1.../629/1245.aspx

Stratford, Connecticut - Recreation/Golf

Most towns in the area also have travel leagues for age 8 and up, although I don't ever remember playing against Stratford, not sure if they have travel teams. Maybe that's what the Stratford United Soccer Club is. In the meantime, I would do as kidyankee suggests, and call Korner Kicks in Stratford. They should have some kind of indoor soccer for kids.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:14 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,852,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steph3kids View Post
I don't know how many people on this board are from Stratford.
Anyone knows anything about the soccer league for kids?
I tried to find info. on line and did not find anything.
I have a 7 year old soccer fanatic here.

Thanks

Steph
Sterling House Soccer (http://www.sterlinghousecc.org/Soccer.htm - broken link)

Old 11-29-2008, 06:14 PM

42 posts, read 117,286 times
thanks to all of you, I'll be calling those places and compare prices and services.

Steph

Old 11-29-2008, 06:38 PM

55 posts, read 393,222 times
My son plays at Sterling House. They just finished the fall tournament. We had so much fun and can't wait for the spring tournament. They had the kids playing in their age groups which is very nice. Also the fee is nominal for the whole season and I think it includes the team pictures and trophies. Having just moved from the Bronx, it was a great opportunity to meet other parents and I must say we met some very nice ones. PM me if you need more info.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:04 PM

4 posts, read 13,973 times
Greetings All.

After seeing a post in this forum, I checked out the sterling house website and came across the the following.

"Registrations on-going for Instructional Soccer for 4&5 year olds. 6 week program fee is $65*"

However, when I tried to enroll my son (aged 4years 5 months) I was turned down by an elderly man who claimed that my son is too young to participate.

Can someone suggest what are my options please?

Many thanks in advance for any guidelines.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaksdad View Post
Greetings All.

After seeing a post in this forum, I checked out the sterling house website and came across the the following.

"Registrations on-going for Instructional Soccer for 4&5 year olds. 6 week program fee is $65*"

However, when I tried to enroll my son (aged 4years 5 months) I was turned down by an elderly man who claimed that my son is too young to participate.

Can someone suggest what are my options please?

Many thanks in advance for any guidelines.
Call them back and ask to be connected with Bill O'Brien.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:16 AM

4 posts, read 13,973 times
Many thanks for the lead. Talked to Bill O'Brien and he guided me the next steps.

Much appreciated.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaksdad View Post
Many thanks for the lead. Talked to Bill O'Brien and he guided me the next steps.

Much appreciated.
You're welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut