Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 04:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,775 times

Advertisements

What was the name of the Italian rest. in the old Naugatuck Valley Mall ??? ( on left when you walked in mall doors ) Wtby Ct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 07:54 PM

722 posts, read 1,982,417 times
the one with the barstools?? Express Cafe, or Express something like that. I was in sixth grade when it closed

Old 02-25-2009, 04:00 PM

1 posts, read 3,611 times
Love their pizza...it was Expresso

Old 02-26-2009, 02:50 AM

24 posts, read 74,165 times
Default also remember

HI ALL

do you guys remember antonios by the mall it was out front of the mall meridan rd. not to bad. ALSO I WONDER if jimmys is still there on baldwin st im goin back like 25-30 years. it was some of the best pizza back then does anybody remember that place.

take care
vinman

Old 02-26-2009, 09:27 AM

Meriden Rd? Which mall are u talkin about? the old one or the new one. And I've never heard of Jimmy's...most of the spots on Baldwin have Puerto Rican food now.

The classics are still around though. Everytime I go home I hit up Louies. Dominic & Pias is still downtown plus Zachary's is still across the street. Those are the only ones that matter to me lol.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:41 PM

24 posts, read 74,165 times
hi brasscitybluenwhite

my bad the old mall. also dominics is it still on wolcott rd waterbury or how about a&w goin towards wolcott. REMEMBER that place? take care BRO
VINMAN

Old 02-27-2009, 09:03 PM

lol, they should have named this post "old school waterbury"

Dominic's is still on wolcott rd, but I was originally talking about Pia's on downtown. I don't remember a A&W by Wolcott.

Although I'm only 20, if u guys have anymore questions about waterbury, post them and I'll try to respond promptly.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:07 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,003,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richl View Post
What was the name of the Italian rest. in the old Naugatuck Valley Mall ??? ( on left when you walked in mall doors ) Wtby Ct.
Bacco's.

Family owned and there since it opened in 1964

Old 02-28-2009, 05:10 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,003,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinman View Post
hi brasscitybluenwhite

my bad the old mall. also dominics is it still on wolcott rd waterbury or how about a&w goin towards wolcott. REMEMBER that place? take care BRO
VINMAN
Gone. All gone.

Vin, Waterbury is not the same city you remember I'm sad to tell you. The late 80's was the final generation of "old school" Waterbury that we all knew.

After that the city changed dramatically.

About the only place left around the "old mall" that's good is Aldo's of Italy. Not sure if it was built before you left (87ish?) but it was near the theaters behind the old mall. I *think* Perugini's is still up Wolcott road which was always a great family rest.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:26 AM

well there is a Dominic's apizza a couple hundred feet from Shop Rite (Shop rite moved into a remodeled building across the street from the old mall, which they are trying to build up.) At the old mall site, there is a Walmart, Naugatuck Savings Bank, Staples, Stop n Shop, Ninety-nine (expensive restaurant, my opinion). In the area behind it there is still Aldo's of Italy, and the theatre's are still there. Remember Caldor's? That's now home to Bernies electronic's and Planet Fitness on the other. Goodwill moved in where Staple's and Barnes and Noble's used to be. (Barnes and Nobles moved to the new mall site off of East Main St). Do u remember Rollermagic? Well that closed last year and there is a new Ocean State Job Lot in that building. Lakewood Lanes is still there but the frankies across the street moved to Chase Ave.

Do you remember Edward's? Well they remodeled that and thats where Shop Rite is. Next to it is an AJ Wright, a discount clothes store, Sleepy's Matress and a chinese buffet. The city is trying really hard to square away that area and, in my opinion, it looks better than ever. But they've taken some punches. There used to be an applebee's where the old Boston Market used to be, and that closed due to the economy. So did Linen's n Things that used to be next to Staples at the old mall sight. Now they are both vacant and probably wont be occupied until the economy unf**ks itself.

Developers are trying to do something similar at Austin Rd, exit 26 on I-84. The highway was remodeled to add on/off ramps, and as of 2006 there was a developer that had attempted to buy houses on Matteson Court, which is off of Austin Rd near Cosco's. But the economy slowed and the developer backed down. But they have since built a Kohl's at the site, and the old Sheridan Hotel is now an indoor waterpark and a holiday inn express.

If they can figure out a way to build that shopping center off of Austin Rd it would be a success because it is soo close to Cheshire, and the Cheshire residents who shop at Reidville Dr. won't have to go all the way down to scott rd to buy groceries. Same strategy made the old mall a success, in my opinion.

J, remember the old pizza place when u walked in the doors? They had mirrors and stools if you wanted slices? When u first walked into the mall it was on ur left and if u looked up it said "express or expresso's".

BTW there is still a bacco's on Thomaston Ave in Waterville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut