Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 08:03 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I really do not care for Starbucks. In fact I have two gift cards from my company for Starbucks that I still have not used.
If you're very disinterested with those cards, you might probably wanna get rid of them

I have deep pockets, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 09:04 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Carribou is nothing more than Green Mountain Coffee rebranded for people who live in Charlotte...er, ah - nevermind.
J, you do know you can't hurl new england vocabulary at a non-newenglander right? I had never even heard of GMC until reading about it on wiki now.

And everyone else who thinks that making coffee oneself with coffee devices is the zing thing, you guys are off your rocker The whole purpose of going to a coffee stall is to enjoy the service of consuming coffee which is made for you by someone else, and in a better way. You just can't seek to take the luxury variable out of the equation.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:19 AM

10,054 posts, read 14,418,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I simply love the taste of coffee. I usually brew decaf in the morning at home, and drink decaf in the afternoon. Caffeine gives me a headache.
You know, I drank regular for YEARS up until early last year. It started making my face flush and I wasn't sleeping well. I switched to decaf and my sleep is 100 times better now. Plus, the dark circles seem to be gone too. Wacky! I LOVE coffee though and could never give that up.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Lee View Post
Finally! The voice of reason.

I can't help but think of one thing when it comes to coffee drinkers...{flush}.
LOL...what's that ?

Old 02-04-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
The changeover from DD to Starbucks has been in the pipeline for a while now.

Departments/Partners*-* Stop & Shop
Yeah, the Stamford Super Stop and Shop in mid-city has had a Starbucks for over a year now...it kind of "classes up" the shopping experience!! You feel like you are strolling along leisurely in the store with a coffee...I guess their marketing has grabbed me hook, line, and sinker!

Old 02-04-2009, 10:46 AM

200 posts, read 610,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Dunkin almost always has some pretty rough people hanging out and lurking about....
Woa that comment is ridiculous. Maybe the DD in Stamford is rough but in Hamden it's where the normal middle class people go. I really cant believe that elitism.

A lot of people who hang at Starbucks are those to think they are intellictuals but are really those who failed out of college.

Quote:

I have no clue what you mean by that!

Old 02-04-2009, 10:58 AM

371 posts, read 1,566,593 times
I am not a huge Starbucks fan but enjoy a latte here and there. I think they should have lowered their prices to more where Dunkin Donuts is and then maybe they wouldn't have to close or lay off.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:15 AM

1,219 posts, read 4,217,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I really do not care for Starbucks. In fact I have two gift cards from my company for Starbucks that I still have not used.

So does my mom! She called me and said, where is a Starbucks? I said, umm, Rocky Hill I think? She said, I'm not driving to Rocky Hill for a cup of coffee, LOL. I don't know what she did with them. Closest Borders is in Meriden, again too far for a quick cup. She might just go buy some ground coffee and nice cups with the cards.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:24 PM

2,102 posts, read 7,755,327 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle's Best 28 View Post
I have no clue what you mean by that!
A co-worker once told me that his day didn't get started until after he had had his first cup of coffee in the morning which then let to...(think: laxative). Since I have never drunk coffee, it was news to me. Hence, my comment.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:31 PM

34,915 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderintonc View Post
She might just go buy some ground coffee and nice cups with the cards.
That is not a bad idea. I never thought to use them for things other than coffee. Thanks, Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut