Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 11:00 AM

722 posts, read 1,982,159 times

Advertisements

Sorry Jay I just read ur reply

Old 02-06-2009, 12:57 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,001,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
JV - there you go again using age to belittle someone. It seems whenever you disagree with someone, you bring up your age and "wisdom". Really - you're not all that much older than me. Lets give that part a rest. And don't tell me to "do a little research." I was at O.L.P. on 9/11 and witnessed much of it firsthand. I followed everything closely after that - I fail to see your reasoning and frankly think its a bunch of you know what. Hey - I'm being just as honest as you always are! You claim that Bush kept us safer for longer than anyone else - again, what other president had to deal with a terror attack in one of our major east coast cities? None. And how did he keep us safe? By allowing 9/11 to happen? Because I don't think that's keeping us too safe. Oh, that's right, it's all Clinton's fault.
I'm not belittling anyone. You were 9, so I don't expect you to remember Desert Storm or why we were there. I don't expect you to remember the "deal" that was made then to not march into Baghdad and remove Saddaam then. It's not a slam, it's reality - you were 9 years old and 9 year olds don't deal with things like that or care.

So instead of attacking me, answer the question. Why were we fighting Desert Storm and what did Saddaam agree to to not lose his life THEN? (and not follow through when ordered to 17 times more/later.)

I would answer it for you but again, I'd appreciate if you would find out for yourself first. If you are still having trouble, I'd be happy to fill you in.

THAT is the research I asked you to do...not on 9/11. Geez. Read the post please before going off on someone.

BTW, I'm almost 15 years older than you if you want to know.

Take a pill.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:21 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,652,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundthecorner059 View Post
Where was the outcry from the Republican right when Bushs spending was spiraling out of control? Even then it was everyone elses fault but not Bushs.
I was one of the one's crying out - I don't want spending. Smaller government, less intrusion into our lives, less power for politicians, fewer taxes. The spending package right now is only a way to enslave people to the government. Once again, it shows that the Washington Democrats are the party of money.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:24 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,652,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brasscitybluenwhite View Post
No. A capitalist society will crumble without spending. instead of being like that, look at it this way. those same children have been given money by their parents to buy candy at a store. The group spends it all at the candy store. The candy store owner survives this months rent until he can get the next batch of kids to pay next month.

without this months rent, he would have had to close up shop.
Exactly, but the government should not be the ones controlling the money. It should be the citizens. Same thing as when taxes are cut, tax revenues go up as people do something with the more money that they have. That kind of freedom is being overlooked with this spending package.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:49 PM

34,918 posts, read 56,910,251 times
It seems that this thread has gone way off topic and is not returning to it. I am just going to close it now. If you wish to debate this issue please post a new thread on the appropriate board. Thank you, JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut