Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 03:34 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,496,245 times

Advertisements

I think the chimp was crazed because it was abused. Something tells me that owner's been constantly spanking the monkey!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 03:35 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,861,134 times
^^^ Ha!Ha!Ha! Uh, no. Not funny. At all.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:57 PM

2,962 posts, read 3,530,774 times
I didn't realize that people could just casually have chimps as pets, this seems a little crazy to me.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:01 PM

656 posts, read 1,309,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I think the chimp was crazed because it was abused. Something tells me that owner's been constantly spanking the monkey!
LOL!!!

Old 02-19-2009, 04:31 PM

10,066 posts, read 14,439,885 times
My in-laws live about a half mile from the owner of this chimp. They've said they saw the husband of the woman (now deceased) riding a bicycle with the chimp on back many times over the years.
The woman would ride with the chimp in the passenger seat in a car all the time...bizarre scene for sure.
I think the cops did what they had to do in this situation. It's sad that they shot it with bullets--too bad they didn't have a tranquilizer gun and/or tazer on hand, but I suppose that isn't reality in these situations.
I think it's absolutely awful what happened to the friend who visited--an absolute nightmare situation. The owner is definitely at fault here. Give a chimp Xanex? Maybe that did or didn't contribute to the chimp's crazed rage, but still, the owner treated the chimp like a person, and a person the chimp obviously is not. I just think it's a very tragic and sad situation and the owner acted irresponsibly.
Sad ending for the chimp, but even sadder for the woman who was attacked. Think of the life she will lead after she heals. Horrific situation...ugh.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:16 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,005,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brasscitybluenwhite View Post
his majesty?

when that guy isn't annoying, he's being a reactionist like our dear governor. Something bad happens--get on tv--make a law

its the connecticut way unfortunately

now he's gonna make a law that prohibits naming animals travis
Wow, you're on a roll.

We jokingly call him the "Eternal General"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Give a chimp Xanex? Maybe that did or didn't contribute to the chimp's crazed rage, but still, the owner treated the chimp like a person, and a person the chimp obviously is not.
I was thinking the same thing. I mean come on, what do they do sit down with the chimp and have a "chat" how the medication is affecting him?

Old 02-19-2009, 05:23 PM

893 posts, read 791,003 times
This woman ,in the story I just read, drank wine in long stem glasses and slept in the same bed cuddling with him. That is just sick. She has a strange idea of what this chimp should of been in her life. Sounds like she was trying to replace her husband.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:34 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,423,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
My in-laws live about a half mile from the owner of this chimp. They've said they saw the husband of the woman (now deceased) riding a bicycle with the chimp on back many times over the years.
The woman would ride with the chimp in the passenger seat in a car all the time...bizarre scene for sure.
I think the cops did what they had to do in this situation. It's sad that they shot it with bullets--too bad they didn't have a tranquilizer gun and/or tazer on hand, but I suppose that isn't reality in these situations.
I think it's absolutely awful what happened to the friend who visited--an absolute nightmare situation. The owner is definitely at fault here. Give a chimp Xanex? Maybe that did or didn't contribute to the chimp's crazed rage, but still, the owner treated the chimp like a person, and a person the chimp obviously is not. I just think it's a very tragic and sad situation and the owner acted irresponsibly.
Sad ending for the chimp, but even sadder for the woman who was attacked. Think of the life she will lead after she heals. Horrific situation...ugh.
Even if they used tranquilizers, it would just be postponing the inevitable. When have you ever seen an animal that attacked in this manner not later put down?

Old 02-19-2009, 07:28 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,448,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruikshl View Post
This woman ,in the story I just read, drank wine in long stem glasses and slept in the same bed cuddling with him. That is just sick. She has a strange idea of what this chimp should of been in her life. Sounds like she was trying to replace her husband.
I know people who sleep and cuddle with their dogs all the time. Nobody knows why the chimp suddenly attacked. Everyone has opinions after the fact, but nobody really knows.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:58 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
I was stationed in Oklahoma and there was a guy who had a chimp at this house . Often when we went by we would play with him if the owner had him outside. One day we had a new guy with us and the minute the chimp saw him he attacked for unknown reason. We and the owner pulled him off but he was badly beaten and we took him to the hospital. Believe me you don't want one to arrack as it could have easily killed him as we got him off in like two minutes.I came to the conclusion that domesticated animals are the best pets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut