Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 08:51 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,900,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsNY View Post
I know Voices has been circulating in Stepney and Northern Monroe for quite some time...
I'm in southern Monroe, so maybe that's why we weren't getting it previously. I like it, especially because it's free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 09:48 AM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
I'm in southern Monroe, so maybe that's why we weren't getting it previously. I like it, especially because it's free.
That's weird you weren't getting it previously since I'm pretty sure Monroe has gotten it for years. I know a few towns only get it once every two weeks (Naugatuck, Seymour and maybe Monroe) but the rest of the towns from Fairfield County to the Southern Litchfield Hills get it twice a week (Tuesdays and Saturdays I believe). It's a great little newspaper for the area. I live in Shelton and we don't get it here, but my parents do in Oxford. Very small townish paper with excellent reporters. I know people who have moved away from Newtown to New Jersey and still have the Voices mailed to them down there.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeesGiantsRangersNYK View Post
Waterbury is a major city?? Since when??

lol

Oxford has the worst sports program in the SWC. But they're a new school so I bet the resources are amazing.
They are currently in the process of building their fields. For now I think they use Masuk's (Monroe's) and Pomperaug's (in Southbury) since both schools are less than 10 minutes away from OHS. I'm pretty sure the construction of all the fields will be ready by the 09-10 school year. Also the population of the school is small. Currently there are only Freshman through Juniors at the school, no seniors yet, so I'm sure that's why their sports aren't great yet. They sure are competing with some tough schools though in the SWC. I'll bet their rival down the road will be Masuk.

Is Weston in the SWC as well?

Last edited by kidyankee764; 03-01-2009 at 10:04 AM..

Old 03-01-2009, 09:58 AM

722 posts, read 1,982,764 times
Quote:
Waterbury is a major city?? Since when??

lol

Oxford has the worst sports program in the SWC. But they're a new school so I bet the resources are amazing.

I think they consider all the cities with more than 100,000 people major cities. We don't have alot of major industry though.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:44 AM

34,936 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Yes, Waterbury is a major city. It has over 100,000 people and is an employment center with over 42,000 jobs. In Connecticut that qualifies it as a major city. Jay

Old 03-01-2009, 11:08 AM

243 posts, read 774,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
They are currently in the process of building their fields. For now I think they use Masuk's (Monroe's) and Pomperaug's (in Southbury) since both schools are less than 10 minutes away from OHS. I'm pretty sure the construction of all the fields will be ready by the 09-10 school year. Also the population of the school is small. Currently there are only Freshman through Juniors at the school, no seniors yet, so I'm sure that's why their sports aren't great yet. They sure are competing with some tough schools though in the SWC. I'll bet their rival down the road will be Masuk.

Is Weston in the SWC as well?
Masuk already has a huge rivalry with Newtown. I think Oxford will have a big rivalry with Pomperaug down the road, however.

Weston is in the SWC along with Newtown, Masuk, ND-Fairfield, Immaculate, New Fairfield, New Milford, Pomperaug, Stratford, Bunnell, Lauralton Hall (in girls sports of course), Bethel and Brookfield.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:21 AM

356 posts, read 808,776 times
Quote:
Masuk already has a huge rivalry with Newtown. I think Oxford will have a big rivalry with Pomperaug down the road, however.

Weston is in the SWC along with Newtown, Masuk, ND-Fairfield, Immaculate, New Fairfield, New Milford, Pomperaug, Stratford, Bunnell, Lauralton Hall (in girls sports of course), Bethel and Brookfield.
What about Nonnewaug and Oxford?

Old 03-01-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
What about Nonnewaug and Oxford?
Oxford is in SWC, but I think Nonnewaug is in the Berkshire league, no?

Old 03-01-2009, 11:41 AM

243 posts, read 774,104 times
Where the hell is Nonnewaug? Seriously, I'm not trying to be mean or funny, I don't know where it is?

Old 03-01-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Where the hell is Nonnewaug? Seriously, I'm not trying to be mean or funny, I don't know where it is?
It is the public high school for Woodbury and Bethlehem. It's a co-ag public school that accepts applications from students all over western CT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut