Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 04:23 PM

252 posts, read 766,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut24 View Post
Now that I have gotten into the MLS system can someone tell me some info about theses areas?

Shelton
Trumbull
Redding
Sherman

how far are these from Stamford? are they nice areas for a suburban family?

and whats the difference between Fairfield and New Fairfield
I once lived in Sherman and commuted to downtown Stamford. Unfotunately, because the back roads are so slow during rush hours, i was forced to cut west over to I-684 in New York State, drive 30 minutes south, then cut back east into Connecticut near the Westchester airport. It took an hour then (back in the early '80s), probably longer now. Sherman is a wonderful, wonderful place but, as others have pointed out, it's more rural than suburban, and is a little isolated.

I'd highly recommend Ridgefield for your consideration. Not sure if it's within your budget, but i'd guess that it has everything you're looking for, and is within a 30 minutes commute to Stamford (or less, depending on where in Ridgefield and where in Stamford). I'd rather live in a small place in Ridgefield than a larger one in Newtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 04:31 PM

428 posts, read 826,145 times
Would the closest affordable towns be Milford and Stratford? I'm not sure how good their schools are though.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:04 AM

34,636 posts, read 56,378,147 times
Here is information on schools for you to review. Both Milford and Stratford are good. Iusually judge a school district by if it performs above the state average and class size. If you want more detailed information, you will need to do further research. Jay

Strategic School Profiles by District

Strategic School Profiles by School

Old 06-16-2009, 06:48 PM

138 posts, read 509,997 times
Just wanted to give an update to everyone who really helped me out with lots of information on CT

We ended up in southern Ridgefield. For me it had everything I was looking for, especially the park district, things to do, good schools, close to Danbury for the mall and such. Also for my husband being in the southern part he does not have to go through town for his commute to Stamford saving some time. I look forward to offically being a resident in about a month. Thanks again to the memebers of this forum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut