Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2007, 11:34 AM

1 posts, read 6,021 times

Advertisements

We have been looking to a buy a home in the New Haven area of Connecticut. We found a couple of properties in the spring glen area of Hamden...we like the area and feel that it's a good location. However, after driving around the area, we noticed that there are way more houses for sale in the spring glen section than any other. This concerns us and we are wondering why it is...does anyone know anything about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 09:54 AM

1 posts, read 5,358 times
Hi! I just came accross this posting. I live in Sping Glen and have for 8 years. I have a 3 children under six. I moved into this neighborhood because it seemed like a great place to live. I figured we would "start out" here and then move to a bigger house with more property in 5-8 years. That was 8 years ago. We have been looking for another place to move to for two years now and decided we are staying put. We love it here! We have not been able to find another neighborhood quite like this. I think the turn over is for one of two reasons. If you look at the average age in the area it is either 30-40 somethings just starting to build their families....and then 80-90 somethings who have lived here forever. We bought our house from a man who was 93 and raised six kids in our house. I told my husband if he could do 6 in a 1,400sf house...we can do 3! LOL. Some people use this neighborhood as a starting point and then move to a bigger house. That is what we "were" going to do.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:47 AM

10 posts, read 18,375 times
Can you tell me what exactly is considered the "spring glen" area of hamden? I've heard good things and would like to live there but am not exactly sure what streets are part of spring glen. Thanks.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:07 AM

220 posts, read 524,905 times
My view of Spring Glen is roughly the streets around Whitney Ave. from Waite St. north to Skiff St., then east to Ridge Road. I'm not sure where exactly the traditional boundaries with Whitneyville and Augerville are, but I drive up and down Whitney at least a few times a month, and those are about where the signs on businesses start changing from 'Spring Glen _____' to something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut