Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 09:38 PM

16 posts, read 86,781 times

Advertisements

stratford, I think people are not logging in as much because the threads are not of value. They are all superficial and who wants to waste there time talking about issues on the cosmetic level. I actually have an issue worth discussing and am being looked down on. I actually will be speaking at the rally on Wednesday along side many politicians. It is amazing how uneducated and unwilling people are to learn about personal financial responsibilities in CT and they choices that are presented to them but ignored or face with opposition for no apparent reason.

Thanks for everyone who actually helped there own situation and is spreading the savings.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:01 AM

2,394 posts, read 4,086,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travist17 View Post
I actually have an issue worth discussing and am being looked down on.
Are you, or are you not, pimping your own service?

Old 05-12-2009, 04:15 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,005,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest View Post
Are you, or are you not, pimping your own service?
Bah, why ask the obvious...remember, we all are just too focused on "useless conversation."

This is one of those "ignore the man behind the curtain" deals IMO. Watch the left hand while the right one is grabbing your wallet.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:57 AM

174 posts, read 639,830 times
Quote:
heather and company... that is not true. You actually get switched over immediately depending on the next meter read date. SPAM IS MEANINGLESS BULL. Im not here pitching sham wow. I am talking about A REAL CONCERN IN CT. DID ANYONE KNOW THERE IS A RALLY IN HARTFORD ON DEREGULATION HOSTING BY REIL AND BLUMENTHAL ON WEDNESDAY?? NO! YOU ALL SIT HERE AND WASTE TIME BLOGGING ABOUT CRAP IN CT. HERE IS A CHANCE TO DISCUSS SOMETHING OF VALUE! EVERYONE HERE THINKS THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT! DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST. BE INTELLIGENT. I AM TRYING TO HELP EVERYONE. SO WHAT IF ITS REPRESENTATION. ITS A QUALITY SERVICE. WHY IS IT THAT THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU FULLY SUPPORTS AND ENCOURAGES DEREGULATION? Keep wasting your money then. But little do you know your neighbor right next door is paying less for the same energy you use!!

I'm sorry, did you just tell me that my experience trying to switch from CL&P to PP&U isn't TRUE?

You're a piece of work.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:51 AM

588 posts, read 1,872,318 times
Travis - I won't be all flame-y and get riled up about your various comments, but the core issue with people's concern is that you've now 1) hijacked a thread to talk about another issue and 2) are hawking wares for your own firm or investments. If you want to talk about deregulation, fine, start a thread and hope for comments. Do NOT put advertisements about your website or whatever into it, unless it is strictly for information only and not actually selling anything. This board is for things "superficial" as well as the "important issues" like making sure that your company has a shot at the electricity market in CT.

As for your quote "Go to CL&P or UI site, they ENCOURAGE PEOPLE LIKE ME AND NEED ME!"... That's fine and all, but THEY are not here and WE do not need spam and advertisements on this site. It is a site for people to use to talk about things that affect them and their states. It is not a location for you to sell anything. Like I said before - if you want to start a discussion on deregulating the electricity market in CT, then go right ahead. It won't be blocked, and I'm sure people on here have some intelligent feedback and comments regarding that issue. Go ahead and refer to public information, even the UI and CL&P sites if you want...but again - THIS IS NOT A PLACE FOR ADVERTISING.

<stepping down from soapbox>

Old 05-12-2009, 08:51 AM

i understand todd and thank you for replying. CL&P and UI do encourage, but because they no longer profit they create minimial awareness to let you know you have a choice that can save money which takes away from them. Doing forums and blogs are the only way to get to the people or spend millions upon millions on advertising. All i ask is everyone do there research and you will find PP&U is the right choice. Its not me pimping any service or selling something. This is regulated by the state DPUC. How can there be any foul play? Here is the our states page. www.ctenergyinfo.com. You can find information on deregulation here and PP&U (the local supplier). Jviello, not for nothing but please educate yourself. Your talking non sense. Heather, I know for a fact that is not true. That is not how the process works. And also CL&P messed everyone up when they changed into the new billing system 6mths ago. Changed all account numbers from 9 to 11.
I just dont understand why there is more opposition then support here. This is an important issue. Doesnt anyone listen to Obama and clean energy bills that are trying to be passed. Are you aware this directly effects your wallet Jviello. Or do you just read headlines and give your opinions like they are calculated and researched. Doesnt sound like it. PP&U also offerns green energy, wind power.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:55 AM

ok heather, so it sounds like you have PP&U actually.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:01 AM

HEATHER 1/15/09 POSTED THIS IS ANOTHER FORUM!!!!

"I rent a 5 room apartment and my last CL&P bill was double that of the previous month, and it showed my kwh usage in Dec. 08 was twice the kwh from Dec. 07. I think it's ridiculous, I have no idea what could have possibly doubled my usage for the same month 1 year apart, and caused my bill to double in less than one month.

Last month we switched to Public Power & Utility (they have commercials on TV often...the website is ILoweredMyElectricBill.com/SAVENOW), and they guarantee a rate of at least 5% less than CL&P. I think currently their rate is 10-11% lower. We are so sick of CL&P that switching was a no-brainer for us...with an electric bill that high it would probably be worth it for you to look into PP&U."

IS THIS NOT ADVERTISING OR DOING THE SAME I AM???????????????

EXPLAIN THIS EVERYONE! I SEE IT AS HEATHER TRYING TO HELP OTHERS, BUT WHY IS THIS DIFFERENT WHEN I TRY? SOUNDS HYPOCRITICAL.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:05 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,005,097 times
Quote:
iJviello, not for nothing but please educate yourself...

...Doesnt anyone listen to Obama and clean energy bills that are trying to be passed. Are you aware this directly effects your wallet Jviello. Or do you just read headlines and give your opinions like they are calculated and researched. Doesnt sound like it. PP&U also offerns green energy, wind power.
Educate myself? LOL You're pretty funny. You don't know me very well do you? You might want to search around a bit before you shove your foot further into your mouth.

I'm probably the biggest "small government" "lower taxes" conservative person on the CT Forum.

BUT you are missing one small thing here...I'll clue you in below.

Quote:
HEATHER 1/15/09 POSTED THIS IS ANOTHER FORUM!!!!

"I rent a 5 room apartment and my last CL&P bill was double that of the previous month, and it showed my kwh usage in Dec. 08 was twice the kwh from Dec. 07. I think it's ridiculous, I have no idea what could have possibly doubled my usage for the same month 1 year apart, and caused my bill to double in less than one month.

Last month we switched to Public Power & Utility (they have commercials on TV often...the website is ILoweredMyElectricBill.com/SAVENOW), and they guarantee a rate of at least 5% less than CL&P. I think currently their rate is 10-11% lower. We are so sick of CL&P that switching was a no-brainer for us...with an electric bill that high it would probably be worth it for you to look into PP&U."

IS THIS NOT ADVERTISING OR DOING THE SAME I AM???????????????

EXPLAIN THIS EVERYONE! I SEE IT AS HEATHER TRYING TO HELP OTHERS, BUT WHY IS THIS DIFFERENT WHEN I TRY? SOUNDS HYPOCRITICAL.
This is easy. Heather has no interest in the company, unlike yourself (As it appears)

If you were just "Joe Citizen" saying "hey check this out" it would be different...but considering you made a presentation for "us" (Us being PP&U) I'm going to go with you are spamming the board.

If you don't understand etiquette, do a little search and learn something.

P.S. I used to work for a public utility as a network engineer, so I understand the issue and how the dpuck works pretty well. Just sayin...

Old 05-12-2009, 07:15 PM

83,516 posts, read 75,294,816 times
Quote:
stratford, I think people are not logging in as much because the threads are not of value.

Thanks for everyone who actually helped there own situation and is spreading the savings.
I personally don't click a thread of more than 3 pages because 95% of the time the topic is off or got uninteresting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut