Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2009, 02:44 PM

9 posts, read 36,281 times

Advertisements

Will it be easy to get a weekday parking spot in the garage from 2:00 to 3:00 PM in the afternoon in Stamford? I will need to get to NYC by around 5:00PM. I also need to leave my car overnight. From what I've read here, overnight parking is available.

Also, is there a way to identify an express train on the MTA schedule? Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 08:51 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,719,306 times
Hi,

If you're leaving around 3:00 getting into Manhattan by 5 won't be problem, seeing as how it's a 45-50 minute train ride from Stamford to NYC. They do allow overnight parking. I've left my car there overnight before and never had a problem, so you shouldn't be worried about theft or getting towed. As far as express trains go, once you're in the station there's a list of departures listed on screens that confirm when they leave and the length of the train ride. Just ask one of the attendants working the counter if you need any help.

Whether or not it'll be easy to find a parking spot, that I'm not sure of. That parking garage is huge, but you might want to give yourself some extra time just to be sure you can find a vacant spot. When I've used the Stamford station it was during the weekends and I never had a hard time finding a spot, but I can't guarantee that would be the case during the work week.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:10 AM

10,055 posts, read 14,422,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turfin'USA View Post
Will it be easy to get a weekday parking spot in the garage from 2:00 to 3:00 PM in the afternoon in Stamford? I will need to get to NYC by around 5:00PM. I also need to leave my car overnight. From what I've read here, overnight parking is available.

Also, is there a way to identify an express train on the MTA schedule? Thanks!!
Some spots are usually available here and there by then. A lot of people heading into the city for morning appointments, trips, interviews, meetings, etc. have returned back to Stamford and left...so it's less congested and tight-packed as say, prior to 10-11am.

Overnight shouldn't be an issue, either. Just be aware in general that garage is so hard to find a spot in the morning hours. The timeframe you'll be parking in it, shouldn't be an issue, but it will still be tight.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:19 AM

1 posts, read 9,434 times
Coule someone please post where the Stamford parking lot is?

Thank you.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:59 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,719,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennybenny View Post

Thank you.
Well, the parking lot is directly across from the station. And the address for THAT is listed as 490 Washington Boulevard and 30 South State Street, Stamford, CT 06902. It's right off I-95 exit 7.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:10 PM

10,061 posts, read 14,935,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennybenny View Post

Thank you.
Click on the attached image below, and then when it appears in a separate window, click on it again so you can get it as big as possible.

Here is the numbers key:

1 = I-95 Exit 7 (northbound)

2 = Stamford Train Station

3 = Train Station Garage

4 = I-95 Exit 7 (southbound)

Red circle = entrance to the parking garage.

Last edited by AntonioR; 01-30-2010 at 01:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut