Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2009, 11:30 PM

10 posts, read 21,786 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I am so happy I found this thread!!!!

I am moving to Greenwich in a few weeks and I have been fretting about how to find a hair stylist that does black hair.

I have had the same hair stylist in Atlanta for the past 6 years. I am hoping that I can find another stylist somewhere within an hours drive to Greenwich.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

--Kathy
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 05:32 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,759,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholzy View Post
Hello All,

I am so happy I found this thread!!!!

I am moving to Greenwich in a few weeks and I have been fretting about how to find a hair stylist that does black hair.

I have had the same hair stylist in Atlanta for the past 6 years. I am hoping that I can find another stylist somewhere within an hours drive to Greenwich.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

--Kathy
I'd search out the NY board. They've probably covered this over there. If you can't find anything in the search link, then go ahead and post for a suggestion. I have to believe you'll have a better selection of stylists west of Greenwich(i.e.: in the city).

Old 05-17-2010, 06:59 PM

6 posts, read 21,826 times
Can anyone recommend a salon in the Brookfield/Danbury area? I am black and have a dry "curl" (Hawaiian Silky or Wave Nouveau).

Old 05-19-2010, 02:19 AM

2 posts, read 8,532 times
I came into the salon with sad, winter waves, left with a cute cut that turned stellar the next day!

I went here because I really like their Devachan, curly-cutting philosophy. They use Deva Curl products and I can rest assured that they won't throw any drying products in my hair.

Jo did an AMAZING job trimming my wavy/curly hair. I told her how I've been trying to grow my hair out and she didn't cut it too short, but DID increase the layering in such a way that I got many compliments in the days following the cut. It looks really good, very 'Devachan!'

I will definitely be seeing Jo on a regular basis for my trims and I'd recommend her as a stylist for anyone with wavy hair!
============================
[urlhttp://www.drmounir.com]Cosmetic Surgery[/url] | [urlhttp://www.drmounir.com]Boob Job[/url]

Old 05-20-2010, 01:56 AM

7 posts, read 23,908 times
Default LOKS website

Since my housing search in the New London area has been frustrating (various small cities, random neighborhoods, not a lot of traditional apartment complexes, etc), I was happy to stumble across this thread. Finding a good stylist is always chore, lol! The LOKS Salon has a website that is pretty nice; http://www.loks-salon.com/. I plan on checking it out first before traveling to New Haven. I will post about my experience. Has anyone else already tried it or found another option in the Southeast?

Old 10-23-2010, 09:19 PM

10 posts, read 28,177 times
I just moved to the Waterbury area from Philadelphia. I am looking for a good braiding salon and hair salon (that doesn't operate from their kitchen/living area). I'm willing to drive 30 minutes for a good stylist.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:38 PM

16 posts, read 27,483 times
sooooooooooooooooooooooo....I found this thread because I'm moving to CT within a month and too will be looking for a BOMB stylist who is also great with hair care in general. I'm relocating from the Atlanta area as well and I loved, loved, loved! my stylist!

I've read a lot of questions about salons, but no one has come back yet to say what they've found...feedback?? Plus if anyone wants to kindly throw in there where any names of totally awesome apartments within 20 minutes of Bradly airport,I'll take those too!

Old 11-10-2010, 09:27 PM

I haven't been able to locate any stylists in the Waterbury. I was considering trying a Dominican shop in town that I found via Google that seems pretty good. If that didn't work out, I was thinking of traveling to Hartford for a good stylist or braiding my hair and getting really good lace-fronts if nothing worked out.

Here is the site to the salon if you wanted to look into it:
Aleida Morel - Dominicanidades - Hispanic Culture and Latin Beauty - Your Personal Beauty Trainer! - NYC/NJ/CT - Bilingual Beauty Website English/Spanish - Dominican Beauty and Style - Hispanic Beauty - Latina Beauty - Spanish Beauty - Dominican hair
Go to Salons

Here is a blog that might help as well if this is route you want to take:
RoundBrushHair! > Dominican Hair Care Blog » Dominican Hair stylist Demand (http://dominicanhaircare.com/blog/?p=14 - broken link)

I might post pictures afterwards.

Hope this helps.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:35 PM

16 posts, read 27,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarissanadina View Post
I haven't been able to locate any stylists in the Waterbury. I was considering trying a Dominican shop in town that I found via Google that seems pretty good. If that didn't work out, I was thinking of traveling to Hartford for a good stylist or braiding my hair and getting really good lace-fronts if nothing worked out.

Here is the site to the salon if you wanted to look into it:
Aleida Morel - Dominicanidades - Hispanic Culture and Latin Beauty - Your Personal Beauty Trainer! - NYC/NJ/CT - Bilingual Beauty Website English/Spanish - Dominican Beauty and Style - Hispanic Beauty - Latina Beauty - Spanish Beauty - Dominican hair
Go to Salons

Here is a blog that might help as well if this is route you want to take:
RoundBrushHair! > Dominican Hair Care Blog » Dominican Hair stylist Demand (http://dominicanhaircare.com/blog/?p=14 - broken link)

I might post pictures afterwards.

Hope this helps.

Thanks! It DOES help! I'm sure that will work until you can find a stylist. I would usually go to the Dominican salon in Atlanta for a quick cute fix...until I found my stylist.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:53 PM

I meant to ask in the earlier post what part of CT were you moving to?

I haven't tried the Dominican shops just yet. Probably around the holiday times to see ehat they can do with short hair. Do you have any experience with seeing other people come in with short hair (above shoulder length)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut