Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 02:41 PM

8 posts, read 29,266 times

Advertisements

We have officially moved to Colcheser and are loving it. It is a wonderful place to be. It is a little commute to the stores but we have been able to see a lot of wildlife in the backyard. Love it. Hopefully we will be able to make friends. I love the idea of movies on the green and concerts on the green. It's great. I was not sure if we made the right choice. So many of my husbands co-workers who moved out here picked Ledyard/ Gales Ferry. Which is a closer comute to there work. But after bieng here for 3 weeks I know we made the right choice.
Take Care
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 02:55 PM

8,155 posts, read 20,913,501 times
Glad to hear it, welcome to CT! I always end up going through Colchester on my way to "somewhere" on the Yarley...It's a great town, and growing.

Now that you are here, if you need any help or guidance on area "stuff" feel free to post a "Q".

Old 07-11-2007, 12:32 PM

32 posts, read 126,356 times
Hello there,
Welcome to Colchester! We have been here for 2 months and are very happy with the move. I am wondering if you moved to our neck of the woods....we are off West Rd. in a development, Hayward Estates.....only asking since there are some new folks that have moved in here and there and haven't had a chance to meet them yet....wouldn't that be funny if we were neighbors? Either way, I have met some great people here, and I am sure you will too....we have found our way around quite nicely, with the help from some very nice folks, and should you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I am happy to offer the same help if I can in any way. Good luck and hope you are enjoying the peace and quiet....:0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvgagn View Post
We have officially moved to Colcheser and are loving it. It is a wonderful place to be. It is a little commute to the stores but we have been able to see a lot of wildlife in the backyard. Love it. Hopefully we will be able to make friends. I love the idea of movies on the green and concerts on the green. It's great. I was not sure if we made the right choice. So many of my husbands co-workers who moved out here picked Ledyard/ Gales Ferry. Which is a closer comute to there work. But after bieng here for 3 weeks I know we made the right choice.
Take Care

Old 07-11-2007, 02:39 PM

8 posts, read 29,266 times
We moved closer to Lebanon off of Windham Ave. Not sure what side of Colchester that is. I know some of my husbands coworkers ended up on your side. We are happy to be here. Did you ever find a pediatrician for your kids. I am looking. I saw the medical center across from Harry's. My son has asthma and even if his ok now does not mean he will be always. Thanks for the great words you say of Colchester it really helps us feel like we made the right decision. We can't wait for movies on the green.
Take care

Old 07-13-2007, 07:10 AM

32 posts, read 126,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvgagn View Post
We moved closer to Lebanon off of Windham Ave. Not sure what side of Colchester that is. I know some of my husbands coworkers ended up on your side. We are happy to be here. Did you ever find a pediatrician for your kids. I am looking. I saw the medical center across from Harry's. My son has asthma and even if his ok now does not mean he will be always. Thanks for the great words you say of Colchester it really helps us feel like we made the right decision. We can't wait for movies on the green.
Take care
Hi there,
Glad to hear you are settling in nicely.....I have not heard too many positive things about the Peds. in town across from Harrys....I have opted to go into Hebron and saw a doc there, Dr. Ram, who was recommended from a few of the moms I have met. We had a positve experience as my daughter was sick with an ear infection when we moved. Very accomodating and saw us right away. This is the only rec. I could gather at the time from other moms.....Norwich may have some good ones as well, but for now we are sticking with this Doc in Hebron. Good luck.....enjoy the movies on the green and I hear there is a concert this weekend too.....also, lots of GREAT kids programs through the Rec center....my daughter is beginning a music class this morning at the library! Lots to enjoy here :0). Welcome again!

Old 09-02-2007, 12:11 PM

5 posts, read 12,640 times
Question Thinking of moving to Colchester

We are a african american family and thinking of moving to Colchester from Ann Arbor Michigan. We currently live in a very diverse area and we are looking for a place that my family will feel accepted and comfortable.Would like to ask about how well diverse the area is and, I have one high schooler.

Would appreciate any feedback!

Old 09-02-2007, 12:14 PM

Would you suggest a african family move to Colchester CT

Old 09-02-2007, 12:45 PM

4,462 posts, read 7,959,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsw View Post
Would you suggest a african family move to Colchester CT
Colchester is over 90% white- there is a small long standing minority of American Indian, African American. With A small but growing Asian and South American/Latino community. I have met Brazilians who feel very at ease here.

Some of criticized Colchester as being too white, however I am sure you will find a great deal of tolerance in the town. Coming from Ann Arbor- are you part of the Pfizer contingent? We have had some from the company relocate to Colchester and south eastern CT. So that will be a plus for you.

The High School is the very renowned Beacon Academy.

Old 09-02-2007, 12:52 PM

How diverse is Colchester and how receptive to other groups, any negative or positive responses would be appreciated!

Old 09-02-2007, 01:11 PM

Yes I will be relocating in 2008
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut