Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 07:57 PM

83,518 posts, read 75,307,397 times

Advertisements

Oh man...I am so sorry you had to expierence that. I am glad your here to share it and I hope your pains go away... As far as the legal end of it.... your insurance company needs to fight for you..IT WASN'T YOUR FAULT! I hope you have a good company on your side. Your premium will go up but if the car is totalled it might be worth it to go through them.

The guy owned the car..he is responsible for keeping the car safe on the road. He is at fault. His insurance company should pay for all damages and sufferings. I'm not a lawyer.

No fault is if you hit a telephone pole. Insurance companies won't cover you for that. But someone is at fault here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 07:59 PM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature27 View Post
But someone is at fault here.
I disagree, strongly. See my post on page 1.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:13 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Hope you get well soon, Leilani.

But, seriously. This isn't the place to get advice on how to proceed, IMHO. You don't need armchair attorney's....... You need a professional one........... Like yesterday... Good luck and feel free to vent, but for your own good, don't take legal "advice" from a forum.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:22 PM

109 posts, read 437,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilani Vasquez View Post
Well honestly, i think it's a bunch of BS that I would have to suffer over someone not taking proper care of their vehicle to cause this.
The other driver may or may not have taken proper care of his vehicle. I have have two separate incidents in the past 8 years from tire companies not tightening the lug nuts on my tires after purchase and installation. I had one tire almost fall off while driving in Farmington at 40 mph after Modern Tire in Hartford failed to tighten the lug nuts on a rear tire after purchase. It happened again to a second vehicle a few years later from Town Fair Tire in Brookfield. Once again the tire almost fell off. Once again the tire company employee was at fault. Fortunately, I was not in an accident in either situation.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Hope you get well soon, Leilani.

But, seriously. This isn't the place to get advice on how to proceed, IMHO. You don't need armchair attorney's....... You need a professional one........... Like yesterday... Good luck and feel free to vent, but for your own good, don't take legal "advice" from a forum.
Best advice yet.

But, Leilani, if you do vent, please respect our (or my) disagreements.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:54 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,900,631 times
Leilani, I'm so sorry for your accident! Hopefully you'll make a quick, full recovery. Since it doesn't sound like either driver's fault, I'm guessing the insurance companies will have to battle it out. Hopefully you'll get a good attorney to help with that process. I doubt you'll be able to recover the difference on your car in what you owe/what it's worth, though. I specifically got Gap coverage for my car in case something like that ever happened to me. Good luck!

Old 07-17-2009, 06:51 AM

1,273 posts, read 4,160,607 times
I did contact a lawyer yesterday. He's sending an investigator out to take photos of the car. He also asked that i take pictures of my injuries. The insurance company has offered me $1,500 less than what I owe on the car (i haven't had it very long). Thankfully I purchased gap coverage when I first got the car. That will cover the remainder of the money owed. I'm going to contact Honda Financial again today to see what I have to do in order to get another car since the insurance company will only cover the rental until Monday.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:07 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times
Well then.

It's somewhat good news.

The important thing is that you're "OK".

Weird thing happened on I-10 here in Phoenix a while back.

A semi pulling a flatbed was cruisin' along, and something wasn't "tied down" properly.

A bar, piece of metal, whatever.....flew off the truck and smashed through another semi's windshield, hitting the trucker in the head. He died.

Police never found the other driver; no witnesses.

Wishing you a full and quick recovery.....

YAZ

Old 07-17-2009, 11:26 AM

Legal Help - ExpertLaw.com

Old 07-17-2009, 03:36 PM

83,518 posts, read 75,307,397 times
I wonder what Honda will say when I return the lease car with a little bang on it. LOL Been with A.H.F.C for long time.

Keep us updated. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut