Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 09:14 AM

4,476 posts, read 6,727,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by britmax View Post
Yes I have heard all about the snobby people in your state and very unfriendly cold people too so worried to be moving there. i hear everyone is unhappy too. can someone please tell me about this. thank you
Funny statement.

People are people. Good and bad wherever you go. Any place can be your version of Utopia or Hell depending on your perspective.

The pros of living in Connecticut outweigh the cons for me.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:48 AM

2,080 posts, read 4,826,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
...and some of the worst performing schools in the country.
Quote:
I would think that having five CT schools on probation as of 2003 (regional or national) would make them among the worst schools in the nation. I assume you don't?

I suppose we have different standards when it comes to 'quality education' then.
No, I don't...again the NEASC is regional and you can't say that because a school is on probation here it is a "worst performing school in the country".

To say that Bethel High School is one of the worst schools in the country because it is on the NEASC probation list is laughable.

I also feel that posters that have to respond by hurling insults lack credibility.

By the way, if you would like to see the list of the worst performing schools in the country...well, I can provide that for you....

Old 05-08-2010, 10:56 AM

21,516 posts, read 30,916,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renovating View Post
No, I don't...again the NEASC is regional and you can't say that because a school is on probation here it is a "worst performing school in the country".

To say that Bethel High School is one of the worst schools in the country because it is on the NEASC probation list is laughable.
So I suppose you wouldn't have any problem sending your children to Harding High or Hartford Public. Would you?

Quote:
I also feel that posters that have to respond by hurling insults lack credibility.
I wasn't aware that suggesting we have differing opinions on what constitutes quality education was "hurling insults". Apologies you're so easily offended - forums are not for the faint of heart.

Quote:
Well, I certainly wouldn't expect anymore invitations with these attitudes.
Speaking of "hurling insults"...

Quote:
By the way, if you would like to see the list of the worst performing schools in the country...well, I can provide that for you....
Certainly!

Old 05-08-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
So I suppose you wouldn't have any problem sending your children to Harding High or Hartford Public. Would you?

And this has what to do with your comment that our schools are some of the worst performing in the country?

This makes no sense? Nothing in the discussion was about where I choose to send my children to school.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:

Certainly!
Worst Public Schools in the USA - Neighborhood Scout

PS...I just used the ignore feature..its wonderful!

Old 05-08-2010, 11:04 AM

21,516 posts, read 30,916,542 times
Quote:
And this has what to do with your comment that our schools are some of the worst performing in the country?

This makes no sense? Nothing in the discussion was about where I choose to send my children to school.
I ask because you imply that very good schools were put on probation by mentioning Bethel, when in fact, some of the worst schools in the country are on there as well. It makes perfect sense.

So, would you?

Quote:
Moderator cut: link removed
lol - this is hilarious. Hate to break it to you, but there are a LOT more than 100 bad schools in our country.

Quote:
PS...I just used the ignore feature..its wonderful!
So sorry to have disagreed with you.

Last edited by Yac; 06-30-2010 at 08:51 AM..

Old 05-08-2010, 11:24 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,831,899 times
Personally I think Ct. has some of the best schools in the country, and that's not news to most of us here. So I am having a hard time believing our worst schools are the worst in the nation. Is there a link to back up that claim? I'm not trying to pick sides in the argument, I'm genuinely curious. If it is true, I will be amazed. Even though our city schools perform poorly, so do hundreds, even thousands, of other city school districts around the country.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:31 PM

34,636 posts, read 56,378,147 times
This thread has gone way off topic. I was hoping it would correct itself but it has not, so I am closing it down. If you want to discuss this topic further start a new thread. Thank you all for5 your posts, JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut