Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2009, 04:41 PM

155 posts, read 552,259 times

Advertisements

I understand when a person misses several mortgage payments, they go into pre-foreclosure and the bank sends a notice called a lis pendens to the court that's supposed to be publicly viewable.

I go to the CT judicial website here:

Housing Case Look-up

And i can't seem to find the ones that i KNOW have been through foreclosure or any that are going through pre-foreclosure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 04:11 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,690,667 times
interesting that the title of this post automatically generated a google ad for a pre-forclosure website..

Pre-foreclosures

this may also help..

06416 Foreclosures, 06416 Foreclosure Listings - Yahoo! Real Estate

just need the right zip code.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:51 PM

155 posts, read 552,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipperman View Post
interesting that the title of this post automatically generated a google ad for a pre-forclosure website..

Pre-foreclosures

this may also help..

06416 Foreclosures, 06416 Foreclosure Listings - Yahoo! Real Estate

just need the right zip code.
Thanks, but i heard some of those websites were updated (especially the realtytrac links in your yahoo link).... i think the most up to date and reliable foreclosure notices should be with the state...

Old 09-17-2009, 09:23 AM

1,231 posts, read 2,686,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iypoon View Post
Thanks, but i heard some of those websites were updated (especially the realtytrac links in your yahoo link).... i think the most up to date and reliable foreclosure notices should be with the state...
Yeah ...should be public, but I don't think the state publishes those cases on the web site.... don't know why?? it might be too much work to maintain the cases coming in and out of the court system.... the link you were talking about looks like it is for landlords & renters.. I think the state farms that information and responsiblity of forclosed properties to one of the pay-per-view web sites.

Records of liens/actions against properties are done done at the various town clerks' offices aren't they? in that case you can probably to go to each town's clerk's office and check for them yourself.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:09 PM

4,429 posts, read 10,358,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iypoon View Post
I understand when a person misses several mortgage payments, they go into pre-foreclosure and the bank sends a notice called a lis pendens to the court that's supposed to be publicly viewable.

I go to the CT judicial website here:

Housing Case Look-up

And i can't seem to find the ones that i KNOW have been through foreclosure or any that are going through pre-foreclosure.
I think for the next 5 years …buying a foreclosed home will be the way to go. Connecticut is one of the states that makes banks LESS willing to work with homeowners in trouble: In Connecticut, the law allows any bank (based in or out of CT), to sue when a house is foreclosed on and get a judgment deficiency for the DIFFERENCE between what is owed on the house… and what the bank gets at a foreclosure sale. Now I don’t know how many other states allow this (I’m no expert by far) - but this is important for two reasons I think:

1) I’m sure you heard stories about folks losing their home in California, and just before the foreclosure sale - pouring cement down the plumbing pipes/fixtures, putting sand and gravel in oil tanks, and spreading food and rotting fruit in attics (to attract vermin/rats). I can fully understand the pain and anger of losing a home (especially those who were got into unworkable loans tied to indexes that were doomed to bury them)…but these type of actions in Connecticut would only cause those who foreclosed to just have a bigger judgment deficiency against them (meaning the bank comes after them for more money). As a result, many homeowners actually leave foreclosed homes in Connecticut in fairly good shape when they split.

2) A bank holding a note in Connecticut has a little more belief that they may recover the whole amount of the note due (because of above law)…so they a willing to strike a bargain to get the property off their books (most often). The result - Connecticut is a place that has many foreclosures because few banks are willing to help homeowners (Connecticut ranks 16# of the lower 48 states in most foreclosed homes)…but at the same time prospective buyers can get a good deal. I saw a house in Branford that was bank owned last week for $148,000 sitting empty on a half-acre lot with 3 bedrooms (1500 sq.) and 2 baths.

So you are on the right path…some of the best deals in the last 25 years may be out there soon.

All the latest housing news - USATODAY.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut