Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 11:01 AM

5 posts, read 4,784 times

Advertisements

I will be traveling into NYC on Sunday from Bridgeport.
I am not sure which metro-north station to take since I will need one which allows me to park.

Obviously Bridgeport is most convenient, but I was under the guise they did not offer parking.
I was thinking instead of driving down to Stamford were they have a big garage.

I also am considering driving to Fairfield and taking advantage of their "free" Sunday parking on the streets.

What do you folks recommend?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 12:11 PM

34,919 posts, read 56,918,061 times
There are a number of parking garages near the station in Bridgeport, but you will have to pay to park in them. You can park at Fairfield Station for free on Saturdays, sundays and legal holidays. Jay

Old 10-30-2009, 01:05 PM

9,754 posts, read 7,465,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piker View Post
I will be traveling into NYC on Sunday from Bridgeport.
I am not sure which metro-north station to take since I will need one which allows me to park.

Obviously Bridgeport is most convenient, but I was under the guise they did not offer parking.
I was thinking instead of driving down to Stamford were they have a big garage.

I also am considering driving to Fairfield and taking advantage of their "free" Sunday parking on the streets.

What do you folks recommend?

Thanks.

No need to do that, because you can park at Bridgeport on the weekend without paying a dime.

Right across Water street/Frontage road whatever its called down by the arena from the Arena garage is a lot. That lot is free after 12:00 noon on Friday. I also one weekend took Amtrak down to Baltimore, didn't get back until Monday, left it in the last row of spaces in the back facing Main street and it was fine back there, so you could probably get away with it during the day too as well, so long as you parked back there.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,709 times
That is funny, I myself have commuted many times to Bridgeport and never saw that specific parking lot.
Would you happen to have the name and address to that or any other parking garage by the train station so the next time I need to get into Manhattan I can avoid carpooling?

Old 10-30-2009, 01:58 PM

That is funny, I myself have commuted many times to Bridgeport and never saw that specific parking lot.
----------------------

Its right across from the arena on Frontage road where it turns into water street. Only thing that sucks is that its one way and you can only enter if your going north towards the train station. If your comming from main street (the easternmost street vertically you can turn onto Frontage from) you'll pass by the arena and the arena garage and right before you go around the curve in front of the station, the parking lot entrance will be on your left side.

Old 10-30-2009, 02:00 PM

if you miss it you can u-turn about 30 feet ahead, and when you do the turn, you should notice the back. Just make sure not to miss the entrance again.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:21 PM

34,919 posts, read 56,918,061 times
I think that the lot they are talking about it directly under I-95. In that area I-95 is going up to go over the railroad tracks and the Pequonock River. It is a huge bridge that begins its span over Main Street all the way to the east side of the river at Steel Point. The area under the bridge is paved and used for parking during the day and when there are events at the ballpark and arena. Jay

Old 03-06-2016, 06:27 AM

1 posts, read 882 times
[FONT=&quot]According to Bridgeport police officer Dispatch 40 you can park on the street as long as there is no signs restricting parking there. [/FONT]Also, from what I understand parking meters along street curbs are not checked on weeknights and weekends.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:42 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,133,952 times
Meh, with that being said it's easier to park at nearby Stratford or Faifield Metro on Sunday's. Parking is free and it's less of a schlep.

Old 03-06-2016, 08:24 AM

21,737 posts, read 28,065,714 times
Bridgeport has a huge garage, just like Stamford.

I agree with Fairfield Metro. Much easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut