Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 12:00 PM

46 posts, read 99,959 times

Advertisements

I dont live in CT but you guys really need to get this guy elected, not only for the state, but for the country.

[Video] Peter Schiff speaks at Connecticut Candidate's Forum - Liberty Forest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 12:25 PM

309 posts, read 426,195 times
Agreed!!

Old 11-18-2009, 05:10 PM

35 posts, read 86,701 times
Anyone but Dodd. Leibermann can stay.

Full disclosure: I am a fiscal conservative, socially liberal.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:14 PM

131 posts, read 446,068 times
I no longer live in Ct. but if I did I'd sure want to hear Mr. Schiff out. He seems to be the only one that is telling it like it is. If it is Dodd he runs against it will be very interesting. Many have pointed to Dodds' involvement in the irresponsible behavior of the banking industry. In the other corner is Schiff the guy saying I told you so. I find it almost sickening that most of the talking heads on television laugh at this man as if he is some side show. Granted his delivery is a bit rough to those who only want to see a rosy picture (one the current market is delivering). He sort of needs someone to keep him from himself. That doesn't mean however his projections are unrealistic. There is a very strong case that what we recently witnessed in the market was only the first wave. I am currently reading his newest book "Crash Proof 2.0" it's a good read clearly explaining how we got into this mess and what the continuing fallout may be. I've been thinking about investing with his Euro Pacific but have been hesitant due to his political run. My thought being he may be so single minded in his approach it might come in conflict with investment strategies. I questioned in another area if anyone had experience regarding Euro Pacific but got no replies. He is a very interesting individual and one who seems to speak to our time. Best of luck CT. I think a large number of the US will be watching.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:23 PM

722 posts, read 1,974,957 times
don't like schiff; don't like liebermann...

Old 11-18-2009, 09:27 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,294,487 times
I vote for anyone other than the incumbent.

Of course as good as Schiff would be, he'll get thrown under the bus by the media and is already a has-been and non-factor.

This time next year, our senator will be Linda McMahon.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:46 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,783,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerdeck View Post

This time next year, our senator will be Linda McMahon.
Don't be so sure about that. My understanding thus far is that she's being rebuked in her fundraising efforts in lower FFC. The media has quickly latched on to the idea that she'll be able to outspend all of the others, and thus win. However, she still needs people to vote for her. And thus far, the male powerbrokers in places like Greenwich/Darien/New Canaan/Etc. just aren't impressed with her.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:22 PM

8,155 posts, read 20,941,046 times
50 bucks says Rell tosses her hat in the ring.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:02 PM

34,727 posts, read 56,531,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
50 bucks says Rell tosses her hat in the ring.
I really doubt that. Jay

Old 11-19-2009, 09:40 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,294,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Don't be so sure about that. My understanding thus far is that she's being rebuked in her fundraising efforts in lower FFC. The media has quickly latched on to the idea that she'll be able to outspend all of the others, and thus win. However, she still needs people to vote for her. And thus far, the male powerbrokers in places like Greenwich/Darien/New Canaan/Etc. just aren't impressed with her.

It seems like her with a lot of money and some business ties would make her be the media anointed one. It's going to be her or Simmons. Schiff, Foley, and Caliguri have already been thrown under the bus by the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut