Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2009, 07:50 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times

Advertisements

I've been going to Supercuts (Bishop's Corner) for some time now, with widely varying results, and would like to find someplace that I can have more confidence in. I'm willing to pay a little more, of course, but don't want to pay a premium salon price. That said, I have no idea what the going rates are, outside of the Golden Arches of haircuts. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good place in the area?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 09:07 AM

2,496 posts, read 4,721,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
I've been going to Supercuts (Bishop's Corner) for some time now, with widely varying results, and would like to find someplace that I can have more confidence in. I'm willing to pay a little more, of course, but don't want to pay a premium salon price. That said, I have no idea what the going rates are, outside of the Golden Arches of haircuts. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good place in the area?

Thanks!
Hey Dawn, there's a few places in the center on LaSalle Rd worth checking out. I'm sending you a DM w/more info.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:44 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,692,557 times
see if there's a CostCutters up that way. i've had better luck with the smaller independent places/chains for a few years now. with each place i've been, there's been at least one girl who always does it right and i always try to get her the next time. CC were $13.95 at one point but are now $14.95.

Old 12-20-2009, 07:38 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,897,644 times
Dawn - your best bets are the barber shops. I don't know if the one near Crown Market is still open (near Starbuck's and the dry cleaners at Bishop's Corner and Rte 44). My hubby used to go there and was very happy with the job. There's also one on South Quaker near Park Road, catty corner from Hall's Market, but parking there is horrible, esp. during the winter as the snow bank on the sidewalk is as tall as I am! My lady at All About You on Park Road also cut men's hair (a little more pricey at salon prices). Ask for Mary Ellen if you go this route.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:48 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times
Thanks everyone!

Old 10-25-2011, 07:55 AM

1 posts, read 4,529 times
Post Great Haircut Every Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post

Thanks!
Try Kathy Keenan at DKM Hair Studio at 361 Park Rd in West Hartford.
You will always get the same person(Kathy) who is the owner. Her services are great and prices reasonable. Check out her web site at [url]http://dkmhairstudio.yolasite.com[/url]

Last edited by Leo Harrington; 10-25-2011 at 08:21 AM..

Old 10-25-2011, 09:05 AM

327 posts, read 1,119,316 times
You need to check out this place if you are ever downtown hartford - Professional Barber Shop - Hartford, CT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut