Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 07:28 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,414,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Reading your posts I cant help but laugh.(sorry) but it is so typical and something I brought up days back regarding people who hunt. They (in general) just blab and blag and dont know when to SH__ U__ (shush)...their point always has to get across....Let me guess...you love telling stories too.
I'm trying to clear up misconceptions. You are trying to demonize a perfectly natural activity which in todays world is the number one source of revenue for wildlife conservation without question.
So I guess I dont care if you poke fun at me. I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that hunting & hunters do more for wildlife, nature & environmental conservation than you could ever hope to by running your mouth or even supporting every other conservation group & effort out there.

Whats typical is the ignorant greenie not being willing to admit that how you feel is meaningless, nature is not walt disney & talk is cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Well, I hope you are a vegan too as food doesn't come down from heaven in prepacked styrofoam containers. I find it funny that the "free range organic" crowd freaks out when someone puts "free range organic" meat in their freezer. LOL

I also find it a bit NUTS that it's "cry for an animal" and "celebrate when a human is killed". The world is upside down.

Its simply a lack of any grasp on reality JV. They will not admit that things need to die so they can live so I can understand them not being able to understand the hypocrisy involved in expressing joy when a person is killed accidentally.
Its the same mentality expressed when a person claims an irrational fear of something they say has caused 2 deaths in a decade, then that same person will drive on the roads without fear even though hundreds die each year in CT directly due to automobiles.

Its the bambi syndrome.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:10 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,497,126 times

Old 12-19-2010, 08:37 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,005,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Its the bambi syndrome.
"you mean they don't talk with each other in the forest?"

NO, in fact they sometimes eat each other and abandon their sick to die a slow hard death in the name of protecting the herd. The real world is much different then fluffy Disney would lead one to believe. I challenge anyone to stick their nose within 10 feet of a bears ass and see if they are cute and fuzzy and you can talk to them nicely and get a pet or two in.

One of the very few animals I have ever seen with those kind of traits are Lions...and even then they take an arm or a leg for fun.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:09 PM

834 posts, read 2,278,248 times
Quote:
you want wild organic meat? This is how you get it". Sure beats herding 5000 cattle in a small pen, into a channel and smashing a bolt through it's head.
While I'm glad I didn't marry a hunter, this is very true. There is nothing more cruel than factory farming. At least with hunting or free range meat, there can be, or at least should be a modicum of humanity involved. There is none of that with factory farming.

I was just reading about unwanted horses in the US that end up in auctions, only to be shipped for Canada or Mexico to be killed. They sit packed in a truck for days with no food or water as they are transported, and often are still conscious when being butchered. I just can't get worked up over responsible hunting when I know what happens to animals on factory farms.

Now trophy hunting? That is for wimps tiny balls.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:12 PM

834 posts, read 2,278,248 times
Quote:
but it is so typical and something I brought up days back regarding people who hunt. They (in general) just blab and blag and dont know when to SH__ U__ (shush)...their point always has to get across....Let me guess...you love telling stories too.
okay this made me LOL because it is true in my experience. I'm sure there are exceptions but every hunter I know looooves to tell stories, God bless 'em. My uncle will chew your ear off for an hour with the same stories from 20 years ago. hmmm, interesting and funny point.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:23 PM

83,516 posts, read 75,294,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeerose00 View Post
okay this made me LOL because it is true in my experience. I'm sure there are exceptions but every hunter I know looooves to tell stories, God bless 'em. My uncle will chew your ear off for an hour with the same stories from 20 years ago. hmmm, interesting and funny point.
LOL, thanks. Just going by what I see and hear.

Old 12-24-2010, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
LOL, thanks. Just going by what I see and hear.

We knew that. Its obvious you dont go by facts & silly things like that.
Here you are, making fun of story tellers, yet thats what you go by.

Old 12-24-2010, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
"you mean they don't talk with each other in the forest?"

NO, in fact they sometimes eat each other and abandon their sick to die a slow hard death in the name of protecting the herd. The real world is much different then fluffy Disney would lead one to believe. I challenge anyone to stick their nose within 10 feet of a bears ass and see if they are cute and fuzzy and you can talk to them nicely and get a pet or two in.

One of the very few animals I have ever seen with those kind of traits are Lions...and even then they take an arm or a leg for fun.

Actually, they always eat each other, every single day. And they always abandon the sick & dieing. True there are social animals that may defend one of the group, like lions. But even they will eat the young of another male lion & things like that. Nature has none of our idiosyncrasies, its survival of the fittest period without apology.

Old 12-24-2010, 08:15 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,005,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeerose00 View Post
While I'm glad I didn't marry a hunter, this is very true. There is nothing more cruel than factory farming. At least with hunting or free range meat, there can be, or at least should be a modicum of humanity involved. There is none of that with factory farming.

I was just reading about unwanted horses in the US that end up in auctions, only to be shipped for Canada or Mexico to be killed. They sit packed in a truck for days with no food or water as they are transported, and often are still conscious when being butchered. I just can't get worked up over responsible hunting when I know what happens to animals on factory farms.

Now trophy hunting? That is for wimps tiny balls.
Agreed on all points. I still eat beef etc, but I'm not going to pretend I don't know the horrors of it all. I do try and support local farms where I can such as the Bison Creamery, Fish Family Farm, or at least use food from farms like Bell and Evans etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Actually, they always eat each other, every single day. And they always abandon the sick & dieing. True there are social animals that may defend one of the group, like lions. But even they will eat the young of another male lion & things like that. Nature has none of our idiosyncrasies, its survival of the fittest period without apology.
Good point, and I do agree. Nature is heartless. Disney won't tell you that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut