Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2012, 10:12 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
Yes, I was out too, yesterday was in the middle 50's F. You can just feel the sun geting stronger now. I live along the coast east of New Haven and I’m really excited about SGT as well...I hope they get alot of work done this spring and summer. When completed the SGT will run from Lighthouse Point to Hammonasset State Beach through the coastal lowlands and up medows. As you already must know, -the SGT already has some nice views in Madison. I’m a bit further east, near the mouth of the Connecticut River (Saybrook/Lymes). We have a lot of pathways through the low country and marsh areas. We always get excited in very late February when the Great Blue Heron returns. This winter has been very mild, so I think we should see them in a few weeks. For us down on the southeast Connecticut coast - the return of the Great Heron is a sure sign winter is over.

hahaha...and we get to hear it yet again ahhh....... Hey did anyone out there know the sun is getting stronger in february? Not sure if anyone realized that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 03:55 AM

11,298 posts, read 18,888,129 times
While I didn't stick, looks like the entire tri-state area got an unexpected brief mix of rain/sleet and snow last night that's currently affecting SE Connecticut and eastern LI (NWS has a Special Weather Statement for that area). All rain the rest of today and Friday.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:42 AM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
hahaha...and we get to hear it yet again ahhh....... Hey did anyone out there know the sun is getting stronger in february? Not sure if anyone realized that.
...and, as a bonus, the days are getting longer too!

Old 01-26-2012, 05:26 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,090,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajmelk View Post
...and, as a bonus, the days are getting longer too!
But only until the end of June.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:47 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,363,775 times
February...the final month of meteorological winter...

aka as "When the winter fan turns bitter"....lol

Old 01-26-2012, 06:54 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,363,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
While I didn't stick, looks like the entire tri-state area got an unexpected brief mix of rain/sleet and snow last night that's currently affecting SE Connecticut and eastern LI (NWS has a Special Weather Statement for that area). All rain the rest of today and Friday.
Yea, we got a mix of rain/dusting here on the southeast CT coast. Melted already and sun is coming up.

Looks like mild weather and seasonable temps for the next 7 to 10 days. The clock starts ticking now

Old 01-26-2012, 11:42 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
February...the final month of meteorological winter...

aka as "When the winter fan turns bitter"....lol
Some years the warm weather will win..some the cold..and that is fine by me. Last year you were BURIED..of course we didn't hear from you for a month but I am sure you were quite busy shoveling snow. This year we have the pleasure of hearing from you every day as its warm. Next year, who knows?

As a rule by the way February is the snowiest winter month. Most likely not this year but ocean temps are at their coldest point especially in the early part of the month.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:58 AM

1,344 posts, read 1,743,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Some years the warm weather will win..some the cold..and that is fine by me. Last year you were BURIED..of course we didn't hear from you for a month but I am sure you were quite busy shoveling snow. This year we have the pleasure of hearing from you every day as its warm. Next year, who knows?

As a rule by the way February is the snowiest winter month. Most likely not this year but ocean temps are at their coldest point especially in the early part of the month.

But actually a warmer ocean means MORE snow most of the time as there is that much more moisture (energy) for the storms to feed off of. The blizzard in Feb of 2006 was a perfect example of this.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:45 PM

856 posts, read 2,015,379 times
Freak flurries in Hartford...nice afternoon distraction.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:45 PM

11,298 posts, read 18,888,129 times
I was driving from Norwalk to Mt. Vernon/New Rochelle area around 1:30pm today and from Norwalk to Stamford I saw sleet and snow mixed in again (nothing sticking though), and this was on I-95, not the Merritt. NWS confirms this (in fact said it mixed in everywhere in the tri-state except Jersey Shore and Long Island), but map seems to show now that it's turned to rain south of I-84. Probably a big nothing but be careful out there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut