Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2012, 02:59 PM

83,513 posts, read 75,277,900 times

Advertisements

TVS indicated on that cell. Tornado Vortex Signature. There might be a funnel forming.. Heading into NorthWest New London County

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 05:53 AM

I wish more people reported severe events..

Couple of hail and and wind reports from yesterday.

Old 05-27-2012, 05:55 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,266,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
TVS indicated on that cell. Tornado Vortex Signature. There might be a funnel forming.. Heading into NorthWest New London County
Here in the Middle of Connecticut, New Haven county and it is overcast outside. Weather is calling for possible showers here. Have had a lot of rain lately, much needed but enough is enough. Was super hot and muggy yesterday and I see you have posted a pretty good sized weather cell over our area. Whats the scoop for the rest of this Memorial Day weekend?

Old 05-27-2012, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
Here in the Middle of Connecticut, New Haven county and it is overcast outside. Weather is calling for possible showers here. Have had a lot of rain lately, much needed but enough is enough. Was super hot and muggy yesterday and I see you have posted a pretty good sized weather cell over our area. Whats the scoop for the rest of this Memorial Day weekend?
Same as yesterday, a bit cooler... Clouds, Sun poking through here and there, Chance of T-Storms popping up again. 70s. It is getting a bit crazy now with the rain and clouds. I'm at 7.50" of rain this month in Wilton and very little sun.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:23 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,897,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
I wish more people reported severe events..

Couple of hail and and wind reports from yesterday.
I was in New Canaan yesterday, we had a storm blow through around 3:30. Nothing "severe", though. I haven't personally been through any severe storms in Ct. in years. I have friends in Pennsylvania that get a lot of wicked storms though, they've already had several this year. The stronger storms mostly seem to die out once they hit Ct. Very frustrating for a storm lover.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
I was in New Canaan yesterday, we had a storm blow through around 3:30. Nothing "severe", though. I haven't personally been through any severe storms in Ct. in years. I have friends in Pennsylvania that get a lot of wicked storms though, they've already had several this year. The stronger storms mostly seem to die out once they hit Ct. Very frustrating for a storm lover.
Yup.. There's a group on FB called PA Storm Chasers. Its just aqmazing to see cloud structure and storms happen over and over. And so many lightning videos too. I've been bringing this "bubble" up to meteos trying to get some clues to why. Some werent aware of it, others were helpful.

basically CT's geographical location weakens storms ALOT because of the Marine Layer breeze cutting into them like a knife breaking them apart. Also the fact that the air is more stable near the coast. Then you have the hills/appalacian mountains breaking storms apart also. Finally it always seems cooler in CT in the summer than PA or NJ so there's not enough surface heat to make those storms lift up and Tower into storms.(this is expeically true in May/June when its not that hot yet)

//www.facebook.com/groups/pastormchasers/

Old 05-28-2012, 06:11 AM

Danbury got hit with a thunderstorm last night.

More of the same today. Storms should fire up after 6pm. Nothing severe, just a typical summer Thunderstorm with lightning, Thunder & Downpours.

My concern would be Saturday June 2nd with a Low Pressure system moving into the area. We might get some possible Tornadic activity.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:13 AM

All of CT now in slight risk for Severe storms (threat should be after 5pm)..

Old 05-29-2012, 08:16 AM

754 posts, read 1,017,845 times
any rain on the herizon?

Old 05-29-2012, 09:59 AM

Yesterday was a total bust. Nothing developed. I wasnt seeing anything on radar coming up at 4pm I knew it was all over.

Same chance today. Scattered storms temps in 80s. No organized system. Dries out Wednesday then more clouds Friday and more rain Saturday with a low going west of us dragging a cold front across.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut