Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2011, 08:32 AM

10,006 posts, read 11,151,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
I have no problem discussing the weather…all the weather. Why am I to be a target simply because I prefer warm weather to cold weather? Other viewers of this site might be interested in more than one point of view. Is it not unfair that a single poster dominates this website with a single point of view?

Lets us have a fair discussion of the likely weather forecast…without anyone (mostly me) becoming a target simply because I give possible forecast scenarios - other than a big snowstorm.

From my time on the CT page - Jay has always been very fair in his moderations on this site (the CT page) in all topics…so I’ll take his advice and do my part.

However, I DO NOT expect to be attacked each time I make a comment about a how warm, or sunny, or nice the weather is…or might be in a day, week, etc. It seems fair that more than one point of view should be allowed.
Fair enough...Just be a little less zingy with your comments. You like to dig and "rub it in" when it gets warm. If you don't realize that I can't help you. I'm done saying it ..it is what it is now and not important enough anyway. Have a great holiday weekend everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 08:36 AM

308 posts, read 679,876 times
Perhaps its time to retract the following and admit you were dead wrong. You made this statement shortly after the December blizzard and before you went into hibernation. lol We enjoyed the snow cover for 2 months not days as you predicted. hahaha.

Quote:
Well, I’m back in Connecticut grasshopper!

So what lies ahead? I think the basic pattern looks pretty tranquil in the Eastern USA. The West was cold/stormy in November….the East was cold/stormy in December…now it looks like the action is back in the West for awhile. So we in the Tri-State should see seasonable temps, no real cool or warm shots (after the warmth this weekend)…and a zonal pattern. I would expect that most of the snow cover on the East Coast from Connecticut/Long Island southward will be gone in the next few days/week. As we get deeper into January, the solar angle will become more and more noticeable. The days are getting longer now.

So look at it this way: You got your big snow…and I got sunny 78 F weather – we were just at different ends of I-95 (lol).

Old 02-18-2011, 08:41 AM

Snow lovers are the winners this winter and have had more than our share of snow this winter(double the annual average, thank you very much) so we are happy to give the heat misers a little break today. Back to winter tomorrow. Enjoy.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:45 AM

Why dont we split this into 2 threads, one dedicated for the cold/snow misers and one for the heat misers. : )

Old 02-18-2011, 09:00 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,851,089 times
i like my method of simply ignoring the bull lol...

today is just lovely, ive got my heat off, my windows open but im also prepared for the cold to come back in because lets face it...it IS still winter and this IS connecticut...anything can happen between now and spring...

Old 02-18-2011, 09:02 AM

Peace to you wavehunter. There's enough room on here for both cold and heat misers as long as we are respectful to each other and avoid comments that are provocative. No zings, gloating, insults or personal attacks. We can enjoy the weather without pissing each other off. Totally unnecessary. Personally I love the snow and winter, but I also enjoy the other seasons as well and I am looking forward to the warmer weather at the conclusion of this winter at the end of March.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:11 AM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post

today is just lovely, ive got my heat off, my windows open but im also prepared for the cold to come back in because lets face it...it IS still winter and this IS connecticut...anything can happen between now and spring...
Lol, yes, enjoy the warmth today. I recall March of last year people actually laying out on the beach..It was an early sign for me for sure... I personally hope I dont see that again but with the sun flaring out some spots again who knows... I think we're melting a couple inches a day at this rate but I wont revisted that topic which I was wrong about thinking the actual accumulated snowpack would be gone...theres still generally 4-15" left statewide..

Old 02-18-2011, 09:22 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,358,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Fair enough...Just be a little less zingy with your comments. You like to dig and "rub it in" when it gets warm. If you don't realize that I can't help you. I'm done saying it ..it is what it is now and not important enough anyway. Have a great holiday weekend everyone
I won’t quarrel…but you seem to have selective memory: Didn’t you just write a few posts ago “This winter must really be killing you” as if to rub it in. When the winter pattern ended the first week of February, seems like this all came to a head rather quickly (?). As soon as I mentioned the coming warmer pattern, it set off those who like winter into a rage toward me. That is the fact, whether you’ll admit it or not.

In one week it will be March and the month of spring. I don’t expect to be attacked if/when I mention a coming weather pattern might feature warming spring weather. If you have nothing to add to a post I make that is fine (or think I’m wrong). Just understand your interest/point of view is not the only one.

Beyond that…

Cheers.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:25 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,358,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post

Just as I would say about today. I think it's nice to comment once in a while that the weather is nice.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:29 AM

10,006 posts, read 11,151,702 times
Quote:
I won’t quarrel…but you seem to have selective memory: Didn’t you just write a few posts ago “This winter must really be killing you” as if to rub it in. When the winter pattern ended the first week of February, seems like this all came to a head rather quickly (?). As soon as I mentioned the coming warmer pattern, it set off those who like winter into a rage toward me. That is the fact, whether you’ll admit it or not.

In one week it will be March and the month of spring. I don’t expect to be attacked if/when I mention a coming weather pattern might feature warming spring weather. If you have nothing to add to a post I make that is fine (or think I’m wrong). Just understand your interest/point of view is not the only one.

Beyond that…

Cheers.
I only do that because YOU do it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut