Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 08:13 AM

80 posts, read 216,281 times

Advertisements

I honestly dont understand why people are complaining about weather feeds. They are way more interesting than the other feeds. I mean seriously some people actually love to talk about weather. Maybe weather is their passion and thats what makes them happy. I see a lot of posts on here with people trying to entice people to move to a certain area so they can make a sale off them. This isnt a sales forum, its a forum for connecticut. Now I would love to talk about the next big storm because I have a foot of snow on the ground right now and we have only have 4 to 5 days left till the next storm. I know the snow wont melt by then.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:21 AM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by witnessachange View Post
I see a lot of posts on here with people trying to entice people to move to a certain area so they can make a sale off them.
Actually, the majority of posters here are not realtors - we're here because we like to help newcomers to the state find their perfect town. The realtors we do have here are well-respected posters who have proven their integrity over and over.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:27 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times
I like the weather threads. Never notcied any realtors on here, heh

Old 02-17-2010, 08:38 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,900,631 times
Quote:
I honestly dont understand why people are complaining about weather feeds. They are way more interesting than the other feeds. I mean seriously some people actually love to talk about weather. Maybe weather is their passion and thats what makes them happy. I see a lot of posts on here with people trying to entice people to move to a certain area so they can make a sale off them. This isnt a sales forum, its a forum for connecticut. Now I would love to talk about the next big storm because I have a foot of snow on the ground right now and we have only have 4 to 5 days left till the next storm. I know the snow wont melt by then.
As previously stated, and requested by JayCt., people who wish to discuss the weather now have their very own thread, just for them. That way we won't have numerous weather threads going at once. Post away, weather-loving people. On the weather thread.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:59 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,363,775 times
Quote:
Now I would love to talk about the next big storm because I have a foot of snow on the ground right now and we have only have 4 to 5 days left till the next storm. I know the snow wont melt by then.
I'll stay out of the weather holy wars...but just to keep the science part on the "up and up"...the low next week is trending warmer with every run. Should be mixed event, or maybe even mostly rain for the Tri-State area.

Also, the sun is rapidly mounting every day...the chances of snowcover lasting gets less with each day. Most of the snow on the ground now will be gone by the middle of next week. You can't fight the solar angle anymore (lol).

Old 02-17-2010, 09:02 AM

80 posts, read 216,281 times
i dont live in the tri state area lol... I live in the hills area.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:05 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,006,712 times
Oh look another "weather thread".

Old 02-17-2010, 03:51 PM

11,298 posts, read 18,888,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I like the weather threads. Never notcied any realtors on here, heh
There was a guy, Rich Lee, an ex-NYer who was in the Cheshire area. Was pretty honest compared to "realtors" in other forums (one in the Westchester, NY forum comes to my mind, but she only goes on very occasionally......her posts are obvious ads though).

He hasn't been on in awhile though it seems......

Old 02-17-2010, 05:51 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Quote:
Some of us have spent some time on here, and we've voiced our objection to multiple threads on weather. When you get back to working again, and you're still regularly posting, then criticize us. Until then, don't. Thanks.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:39 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,728,669 times
Isn't there a weather sticky already ? Hey, there is! It means all weather related discussion should take place in there, in case it wasn't clear. We also have a weather forum for those of you that really like the topic
Thread closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut