Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2010, 11:32 AM

1 posts, read 3,823 times

Advertisements

Hello and thanks for taking the time to help a noobie out! I just moved to Hamden, near Hamden Plaza. I dont have a car right now (i know, i know its bad) and taking a taxi from home to the train isnt an option for me at this point.

My question is how to get from Hamden Plaza to Union Station. Ive looked at several maps - but the transfers are confusing and after looking at them I'm no better off. I understand how (in theory) i would get to Union station once I get off the bus in New Haven, at Church and Chapel Streets. However I dont know what bus to get on, and whether there is a transfer or not! Please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 01:41 PM

418 posts, read 1,410,738 times
Hello to the confusing land of public transit in CT. There are two buses which could get you to downtown New Haven, each without a transfer. The "D Dixwell" bus runs down Dixwell. The "J Whitney" bus runs along Whitney but makes a loop through the Hamden Plaza area in Hamden. The best way to figure out a route is to look at the New Haven area system map at cttransit.com, and then refer to each route's individual schedule and map. Note that there are schedules for two buses called "D" and two "J" (each running out from New Haven in the opposite direction) so make sure you get the Dixwell and Whitney ones.
You can also try using the "Trip Planner" which was just released to the CT Transit site (upper RH corner of webpage). Ideally, you should be able to put your address in and it will give you directions, but I've found it to be insanely glitchey.
If you're still confused, PM me and I can help you out directly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut