Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 07:32 AM

9 posts, read 16,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
I don't disagree. In fact, I would go so far to say that what we have is in direct opposition to what our founders set up. I recently read The 5000 Year Leap Amazon.com: The 5000 Year Leap (Original Authorized Edition) (9780880801485): W.… GREAT book about what our founders really gave us...stuff you were never taught in school. Most of it in their own words.

I've been to that site...I'm one click from being a no government anarchist. LOL

You want to marry a goat? Go ahead. You want to shoot heroin till your eyes fall out? Go ahead. Don't tread on me, and I won't tread on you...but I feel like big government has been stomping a mud hole in my ass all the while bailing out huge companies. The whole damned thing is a tinderbox ready to burst into flames and I see the "common man" about to be led around like an ox with a ring in it's nose with no choice.
My type of people here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 07:52 AM

9 posts, read 16,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerdeck View Post
LMAO. I highly doubt that she'll bring anything new or good to the table. She is a business Republican thick and thin. As in the same stock of bad Republicans we got now... bailouts and favoritism to big corporations, while small business and common citizens get stomped on.

The fact she's spending tens of millions on her campaign should be a red flag... buying the seat, wanting political influence.
I'm not a fan of McMahon, but I have to point out that far more Democrats voted for ALL the bailouts than Republicans did.

Democrats are just as bad as Republicans when it comes to corporate favoritism. They just favor different companies.

From my notes on the auto bailout:

Quote:
91.1% of House Democrats voted for the bailout.
11.8% of House Republicans voted for the bailout.

205Y/20N Democrats
20Y/150N Republicans

Connecticut's Representatives

John Larson (D) voted Yes.
Joe Courtney (D) voted Yes.
Rosa DeLauro (D) voted Yes.
Christopher Shays (R) voted No.
Chris Murphy (D) voted Yes.
From my notes on the initial House vote on the financial bailout:

Quote:
140 of 235 (60%) Democrats voted for the bailout.

65 of 198 (33%) Republicans voted for the bailout.
I had the Senate vote somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. It had more Republican supporters than in the House, but still less than Democrats.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:37 AM

269 posts, read 911,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberCT View Post
I'm not a fan of McMahon, but I have to point out that far more Democrats voted for ALL the bailouts than Republicans did.

Democrats are just as bad as Republicans when it comes to corporate favoritism. They just favor different companies.

From my notes on the auto bailout:

From my notes on the initial House vote on the financial bailout:

I had the Senate vote somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. It had more Republican supporters than in the House, but still less than Democrats.
C'mon don't go bringing facts to a political fight.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:59 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
At least you are honest...a nice display of character.

Thanks. It always pays to have one's eyes open to reality, however unpleasant. You call it character. I call it enlightened self interest. I think a lot of people are in for a rude awakening. At least those who have their eyes open have some clues as to what's coming down the road.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:46 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,304,911 times
To Kimber: it's not like I really like either side much to begin with.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:08 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,006,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Thanks. It always pays to have one's eyes open to reality, however unpleasant. You call it character. I call it enlightened self interest. I think a lot of people are in for a rude awakening. At least those who have their eyes open have some clues as to what's coming down the road.
What however you categorize it, I appreciate the honest open view. I've bumped into enough union or gov workers, hell you can put execs of failing companies in the category too who are in a crumbling building yelling and demanding more floors be added on top.

Good luck, I have a feeling you guys will get a bailout from the Feds. I don't know where the feds are going to get theirs though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut