Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 04:07 AM

2,856 posts, read 10,433,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul11 View Post
I think there is a quite a bit of things to do in manchester. I liked manchester, w.hart and even New Haven. I wish i could move to either three. But i think the farthest i could move is hartfort.

Spdf is little to conservation for a brown man, if you know what i mean....

Funny, cause I grew up near Springfield, and that and Massachusetts are both liberal, not conservative at all in my standards. Not to mention, Springfield is more diverse then many places in CT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 08:07 AM

34,936 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH02 View Post
Funny, cause I grew up near Springfield, and that and Massachusetts are both liberal, not conservative at all in my standards. Not to mention, Springfield is more diverse then many places in CT.
I agree. Have you checked out the Northampton area. It is very liberal and has a lot of quirky shops and restaurants and a lot of cultural activities relating to the many colleges and universities in the area. Jay

Old 05-07-2010, 01:50 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,006,712 times
Quote:
Spdf is little to conservation for a brown man, if you know what i mean....
This has to be a joke...Have you ever been to Springfield? It aint exactly full of conservative white males. LOL

http://api.ning.com/files/ZZVMJtG84L...381312629.jpeg (broken link)

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 08:26 AM..

Old 05-07-2010, 08:49 PM

418 posts, read 1,410,999 times
If you are looking for inexpensive apartments close to West Hartford I would recommend Clemens Place or other nearby complexes on Farmington Ave in Hartford in or close to the West End. A newly renovated building just opened up near Aetna at 210 Farmington Ave that is a great deal if you are okay with the neighborhood.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:04 PM

362 posts, read 774,857 times
Quote:
I think i am more of a night life person, and a foodie myself. Thank you all for the advise, i really appreciate it.

Would you know appartments that i might look into not to pricey not to cheap for a decent young proff.

Thank you all again
if you can afford it, why not try downtown Hartford, There are apartments that are practically vacant because of their prices. close to alot of clubs, although West Hartford has more restaurants, Hartford has more of a night life.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silli View Post
If you are looking for inexpensive apartments close to West Hartford I would recommend Clemens Place or other nearby complexes on Farmington Ave in Hartford in or close to the West End. A newly renovated building just opened up near Aetna at 210 Farmington Ave that is a great deal if you are okay with the neighborhood.

No, No, No, avoid Clemens place like the plague, I've heard it's got rats and roaches all over and the property management has been sucking for years over there.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:08 PM

Try anything past 500 Farmington Avenue, I live around the area people call "little Hollywood" and it's a nice area with cool restaurants. Where I live is a quiet area, but my building is starting to invite "undesirables" and I'm thinking of moving further West as it's a better area with, I think, Less Crime. Any where near 210 Farmington Ave...and you better not have a car over there. You might not see it the next day.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I agree. Have you checked out the Northampton area. It is very liberal and has a lot of quirky shops and restaurants and a lot of cultural activities relating to the many colleges and universities in the area. Jay
I've been to Northampton, and it's definitely a College Town. Definitely a place I would love to live in. There's like 5 colleges within a mile or two from each other and that area rocks during the weekends when students are around.

Springfield's gotten ghetto last time I was there.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KH02 View Post

have you been to Springfield lately? that city's scary, I've been to the bus/train station, wow, you'd be scared of the panhandlers

Old 05-14-2010, 05:01 PM

3 posts, read 6,931 times
We have some May Events for our Upscale Singles!!!
We have events in CT RI AND MA for reasonable prices!!
All ticket pricing and more information is on our website
www.bevknox.com

Here are our May events for CT!

May 21, 2010: Dinner & A Play; "A Doll's House" Dinner at Brazi's in
New Haven at 6pm then the play at The Long Wharf Theater at 8pm.
Tickets are $95 online

May 28, 2010: Upscale Dinner & Comedy Show; Old Saybrook, CT
Dinner at Aspen Restaurant at 6:30pm and Comedy show "Don't Tell Jerry
Lewis (but women are funny.) at 8pm at The Katherine Hepburn Cultural Art
Center.
Tickets are $65 online

May 28, 2010: Upscale Singles Cocktail Party at Aspen Restaurant in Old
Saybrook, CT from 7pm-10pm
Tickets are $10 online and $15 at the door

May 27, 2010: Upscale Singles Cocktails and Comedy Show in Hartford, CT
Dinner and Comedy Show at the Brew Ha Ha Comedy Club from 7pm-10:30pm
Comedians include: Max Dolcelli, Joe Bublewitz, and Helen Hong
Tickets are $45 which includes Entrance Fee, Cocktails, and Appetizers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut