Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2010, 06:02 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,003,508 times

Advertisements

Sometimes politics in this state just make me shake my head...

This is the 2nd District:

Daria Novak has been the conservative choice coming up all along as the 2nd district congressional candidate. She is almost overqualified for the job. (Read her bio)

Daria Novak for Congress | Government by the People

Daria Novak | Facebook (//www.facebook.com/daria.novak?v=wall&story_fbid=114765345229749 - broken link)

All of a sudden Janet Peckinpaugh - the former news anchor, who has ZERO qualifications, and moreover, became a Republican about 5 minutes ago, and moved to the 2nd district about 8 minutes ago to qualify is making a run for the Republican seat?

Are you kidding me? Talk about making a mockery of our political system.

All of you in the 2nd district (Courtney's district) who want a real conservative in office, I would suggest you write the CT GOP and tell them if they endorse the "hey I wanna be a congresswoman now too" news anchor that it'll sink the ship. This craziness has to stop.

http://www.ctgop.org

Personally, I've been hardly looking at the R or D's...I'm just looking for good people wanting to toss their hat in the ring to stop the madness going on and not be career politicians and the same old same old. That's why I made this post. Novak is that person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 06:32 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,419,192 times
I was surprised she threw her hat in as I thought she was from the western half of the state. Other than anchoring at all of the CT network affiliates, I can't see what she'd be bringing to the table. However, it is too early for me to even think about politics. As a registered Independent I don't get to vote in primaries so I tend not to pay too much attention until all parties have picked their candidates.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:36 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,508,065 times
Is she related to Sam Peckinpaugh?

Old 05-06-2010, 10:42 AM

2,080 posts, read 3,922,294 times
I heard this on the radio yesterday and was incredulous. I'd really like to see her in a debate with Daria Novak...She would be hammered to a pulp!

What the heck is going on with the republican party in this state?

Old 05-06-2010, 10:56 AM

1,970 posts, read 2,235,124 times
Did someone finally buy Janet's house in the Golf Club District of West Hartford? Where does she live now?

I thought she and Joe Courtney were friends.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:24 PM

21,618 posts, read 31,193,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
What the heck is going on with the republican party in this state?
Change "state" to "country" and I agree. The faux Republicans have gotten so out of touch with the traditional Republican Party, that it's not only very unfortunate, but actually quite scary.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:29 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,003,508 times
Well well well...funny how things come out of the woodwork.

I was at a well off customer of mine in Avon this morning. (Self made people, top notch.) They recently had a Republican "fundraiser" party at their house in Avon.

Who was there?

Oh...:

Schiff
McMahon
Simmons
Foley

To name a few.

I was talking to my "customer" about the Peckinpaugh thing and she raised an eyebrow and said something along the lines of well that explains a lot, she and Lisa Wilson-Foley (Running for Lt Governor and also lives in the Farmington River Valley,) are close girlfriends.

Oh? Do tell!

Without putting my "customer" out too much in short, it seems old Janet is a "me too" person and just joining her "bud" in politics.

Yea, that's a good reason.

Now don't get me wrong, I know Janet Peckinpaugh's son Alex - he's a good kid and she's a nice person and all...but this is just ridiculous.

To answer a few questions:

Janet lived in Avon for years until her son went off to college and she recently moved to Essex. No, her husband is not Sam. She was married to a high powered exec.

She won about 8 million by suing WVIT. The bottom line is the last thing we need is recently retired bored person who is more interested in acting in local theater and being part of the "swells" than getting down to the nitty gritty.

When Janet was a news anchor in Richmond VA, Daria was in China, speaking fluent Mandarin working for Regan.

The Chairman of the CT GOP is Christopher C. Healy political@ctgop.org

They have a facebook page as well. Lisa Wilson-Foley for Lt. Governor | Facebook

Let these people know your thoughts.

Last edited by JViello; 05-06-2010 at 02:52 PM..

Old 05-06-2010, 06:03 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,857,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post

She won about 8 million by suing WVIT.

I guess fat bottomed girls made Al Terzi's world go round.........

Old 05-07-2010, 07:52 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,304,246 times
There's just a lot of strange strange things going on in the political world nowadays.

If Peckinpaugh gets anywhere close to beating Courtney, or even winning a GOP primary, my extreme cynicism about the world will be proven right.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:58 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,799,572 times
This is ridiculous. What a mockery of the Republican Party. Courtney barely beat Simmons in the last election (83 votes) and now they can't find a real candidate to take him on? The opportunity is now. Dodd saw the writing on the wall. Courtney is certainly vunerable. If Peckinpaugh and Courtney are the only two options and if I lived in that district I'd have to hold my nose and vote for Courtney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut